Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Which one of you traded this in. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/which-one-of-you-traded-this-in-70239.html)

xJoshxx 01-11-2014 11:44 AM

Which one of you traded this in.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV | Used vehicle located in Cincinnati OH | VIN: 1C4RJFDJ4CC217452

they want 50k for it and it's missing 4k in stock rims lol

has an SRT badge on the side and one in the front.

Dealer is crazy to want 50k

Schleprock 01-11-2014 12:31 PM

Re: Which one of you traded this in.

Used 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 For Sale | Gaithersburg MD.

There's mine. They are going to eat that truck, unfortunately for them. They gave me $45,000 and have put 4 new stock tires on it plus an obvious look over (they've put 113 miles on it), so they are into it for at least $46k. They started the price at $47,899 a month ago, last week it was $47,622. They just lowered it to $46,476 yesterday. With my tax savings on the new one, I would have had to sell it for $47,700 to meet my real trade value.

Also proves CarFax isn't very reliable ;)

greenwayer 01-11-2014 12:38 PM

Why would they put a shot of the 0-60 timer with a best of 9.8 sec showing? :confused:

Yeti 01-23-2014 09:54 PM

Also proves CarFax isn't very reliable

Why do you say that?

barho 01-24-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xJoshxx (Post 958095)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV | Used vehicle located in Cincinnati OH | VIN: 1C4RJFDJ4CC217452

they want 50k for it and it's missing 4k in stock rims lol

has an SRT badge on the side and one in the front.

Dealer is crazy to want 50k

Looks like it has a Borla exhaust on it as well.

Schleprock 01-24-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeti (Post 964536)
Also proves CarFax isn't very reliable

Why do you say that?

Because my windshield was replaced 6 months or so after owning it, and about a year ago the entire back end of my truck was replaced to include the exhaust from the headers back. $7k in cost from being rear ended.

They sold mine, my guess is that it was taken to auction because the CarFax isn't showing a new registered owner. Just sold as a certified Jeep.

Yeti 01-24-2014 03:09 PM

Seems like this forum may be a better place to "check" vehicle history, :-)

greenwayer 01-24-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 964897)
Because my windshield was replaced 6 months or so after owning it, and about a year ago the entire back end of my truck was replaced to include the exhaust from the headers back. $7k in cost from being rear ended. They sold mine, my guess is that it was taken to auction because the CarFax isn't showing a new registered owner. Just sold as a certified Jeep.

Ouch, no one hurt right? I guess I will never pay a premium for a "certified" car now. The only real way to tell if a car has been in an accident is with a paint meter.

Yeti 01-25-2014 09:18 AM

Does anyone know what is going on with this black 2012 Jeep SRT8 (1C4RJFDJ9CC170340)? It was in Texas on eBay in November and had what appears to be an undelivered sale for <30K, then it was at a dealership in Idaho for about the right price in December, now it's for sale in Washington for 60K!

Schleprock 01-25-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenwayer (Post 964991)
Ouch, no one hurt right? I guess I will never pay a premium for a "certified" car now. The only real way to tell if a car has been in an accident is with a paint meter.

No one hurt, was just me on the way to the airport on I-95 early in the morning for a work trip and someone pulled off to the shoulder without signaling and caused people to hit their brakes. The ACC worked great for me and I wasn't worried, but then "wham", forgot it can't stop the idiot behind me tailgating.

The truck actually did not look too bad and was easily drivable. In addition to the scratches on the bumper though things just didn't seem right. The exhaust was rattling too. Upon closer look the bumper supports had moved/bent, the tailgate was warped because it must have compressed/decompressed on impact (there was a dent the size of a half dollar next to the license plate but in certain light and angles you could see a shimmer across the whole center section). Finally, they realize the entire exhaust could not be straightened because it was all misaligned.

They did a damn good job fixing it though. I'm pretty picky and use to work at a dealer and used their extra bay in the body shop to wash cars. I couldn't find any differences visually. Paint matched great, which is easy when it is new, and I couldn't even find compound in the joints where they didn't wash it good enough. I feel a little guilty not telling them in the trade, but they never asked. All I said was that it was in beautiful condition when they see it ;) With the value of the 2012 dropping fast, and seeing from my dealer there was nothing on the CarFax as of this past October, I knew I had to dump the truck fast. IMO, I definitely "won" this battle.