Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2014 Grand Cherokee instrument cluster issue

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  TurboRush 
#1 ·
After turning off and exiting the vehicle, then instrument cluster turns off then turns back on with the P,N,D,S showing up. Screen then turns off after maybe 15 seconds, then turns on again and does the same thing by staying on for another 15 seconds. This all happens after the car if turned off, exited, and doors locked.

Was wondering if someone else could check their 2014 GC to see if their instrument cluster does the same thing.

#3 ·
I just noticed today that my speedometer that shows the actual numbers doesn't work,there's just the white ring where the speed used to be. I usually use the digital speedometer and was at the gas station and decided to check things out while waiting for the pump to stop. I know others have had the speedo issues so what was the resolution to this issue?

#8 ·
I haven't had the issues your referring to. I do sometimes turn of my car and open my door and the radio will stay on. Even after I lock the do it is still playing. I think Jeep probably tried to get to fancy with these GC before they had all the bugs worked out. The dealer said there was an update for my instrument cluster and radio about a month ago. I already have the update so I don't know if you want your dealer to check for your GC. It took about 3 hours total for the updates.

#9 ·
I have an appointment tomorrow for a separate issue regarding a tire issue, but I will ask them to check any other software updates. I recently did the update for the uConnect system, didn't know about an update for the instrument cluster. Thanks for the advice!

#11 ·
Did you already have the recall done? That triggered a thought, I stopped watching it turn off and come back on because it didn't seem to have any side effect and was normal. I wonder if it still does that since I've done the recall. I'll check it out today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.