Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Need advice on dealing with dealership (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/need-advice-on-dealing-with-dealership-70383.html)

JJeep12 01-14-2014 11:43 AM

Need advice on dealing with dealership

I'm looking for some advice on how to handle this dealership as, the service manager is gone, some interim guy is in there, it's taken almost a month and my car has yet to be taken care of. Iím not sure what is going on with the techs, but at this point I donít know what to do.

Brought Jeep in for oil change, brakes, blown speakers, replace right front fender flare that just blew off one day, a rattle that has been in my Jeep for two years they can't seem to find, a broken clip to the A/C dash and check my seat heater. Extended warranty paid for.

This is what I got when they handed me the keys 8 days later.

1 - I had to pay for 4 days of a rental while my Jeep sat there and had no work being done to it because there were no speakers in the shop. To me, these speakers should have been ordered the day I brought my Jeep in, knowing it would take a couple days for delivery. For a tech not to be able to notice speakers being blown is ridiculous. This should have taken 20 minutes at most, the first day the Jeep was there.
2 - The rattling in the back is still there. I noticed this before I even got to the bottom of the street to Highway 62. Itís clear as can be. 2 years I have been asking to get this fixed.
3 - Ordered the wrong side part (Fender Flare) for my Jeep. Have to reorder
4 - Tech broke my door panel trying to install new speakers. Have to order new door panel
5 - The speaker was not installed in the door in which the panel was broken.
Still speakers blown in car.
6 - After telling service rep I was coming in, and after the service manager went out there and told them, I sat there for over an hour waiting for my Jeep just to be washed only to have it brought out completely dirty. It sat outside for 4 days, waiting for speakers they never put in.
7 - To top it off, when I got to the part of the highway where I could go 50mph, I realized there was some sort of an air sound, but I just figured it was the door panel. When I got home and shut my car door, is when I realized the top of my door had been hit with something pretty heavy or it had been opened really hard and it something. I donít know what happened, I just know unfortunately it did. Maybe thatís why they didnít wash it because water is going to leak in.

http://www.photoshack.com/albums/use...2/IMG_2465.JPG
http://www.photoshack.com/albums/use...2/IMG_2464.JPG
http://www.photoshack.com/albums/use...2/IMG_2463.JPG

peckmv 01-14-2014 12:16 PM

Re: Need advice on dealing with dealership

I would contact the service manager and address your points. If you get nowhere then ask to talk to the dealership owner. If that doesn't work then time to lawyer up.

LTrainGC 01-14-2014 12:24 PM

Jesus how did you not notice that door bend before you drove off the lot?

Marlon_JB2 01-14-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTrainGC (Post 959684)
Jesus how did you not notice that door bend before you drove off the lot?

This. I always do a complete walk-around before I leave the dealership after ANY service, even if it's just an oil change or a tire patch.

Aldonola 01-14-2014 01:05 PM

Don'r underestimate the power of the written word. Write an itemized list of the above issues with as much detail but as little emotion as possible. Resist personal accusations and sarcasm. Include the names of people you spoke with. Mention how long you have ben a customer and assure them you would like to remain one

Most important, tell them what you propose as a fair response. You probably won't be reimbursed for your rental car but you can ask. Send a registered letter to the franchise manager. Tell him/her that you have been trying to resolve the matter and would appreciate his help to accelerate progress. Don't threaten to go to Jeep HQ, BBB or anything dramatic. You might have to go there later, but for now you should acknowledge that you are just looking for fair treatment and are counting on him.

I have dealt with hundreds of complaints over the years and can assure you the calm, well-written ones get much more action than verbal or snarky ones. ANyway, good luck!

Chunderboy 01-14-2014 01:55 PM

Sorry to hear about this nonsense.

On another note and to reiterate what was written above me; how did you not notice that before? I always ALWAYS do a walk around after anyone has it besides me. That includes: my parking garage, my wife and the dealership.

lstowell 01-14-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peckmv (Post 959678)
I would contact the service manager and address your points. If you get nowhere then ask to talk to the dealership owner. If that doesn't work then time to lawyer up.

I'd start at the service manager and see how that goes.
If you are a longtime customer, a follow on chat with the owner might be appropriate, as you might influence whether or not that temporary service manager is made permanent.

jdshaw 01-14-2014 02:24 PM

Write a well thought out letter (not email) to the dealership OWNER. Facts only, no emotion.

CityCrawler 01-14-2014 06:05 PM

My guess is that they opened the door for you to hide the damage until you left the dealership..correct? You are in for a battle on that one, anything that is not reported prior to leaving will be tuff to assign blame as I'm positive no one will fess up to that one. As stated above you need to contact service manager or higher immediately and state/document everything. If no results within 24 hrs I would contact BBB and file a claim, this is a very affective method of producing results. I have personal experience with that and was shocked at how quickly the business I had poor dealings with responded to me to make things right. God luck!

SNUKE 01-14-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldonola (Post 959695)
Write an itemized list of the above issues with as much detail but as little emotion as possible. Resist personal accusations and sarcasm.

I have dealt with hundreds of complaints over the years and can assure you the calm, well-written ones get much more action than verbal or snarky ones. ANyway, good luck!

This x 100.

I see emails from consumers & dealers every day (I am in wholesale), one of the biggest thing to piss me off is to get one that is full of emotion and threats about legal action or similar before anyone is given a chance to work on the issue.
I got one today, all facts, no emotion.
I instructed that this issue gets fixed immediately, arrange it with dealer first so the consumer can just walk in and have problem gone immediately.
Everyone happy, all move on.

I see one with emotion, usually disproportionate to the issue, and I want to tell them to piss off. Everyone is immediately on the back foot. Many will go into protection mode, basically it stops things been as smooth as they can be, and no one WANTS to help the person with the problem, but it gets done. People are pissed off when it wasnít required.

If you donít get help as you should after you give then the details, then escalate it to let them know you are perturbed. Still not moving quickly, straight to crazy enraged psycho customer everyone wants out of their hair as quickly as possible, and they know they have themselves to blame.

cherryredjeep 01-14-2014 07:12 PM

It looks like someone tried too crow bar your door open!

silvermax04 01-14-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJeep12 (Post 959667)
I'm looking for some advice on how to handle this dealership as, the service manager is gone, some interim guy is in there, it's taken almost a month and my car has yet to be taken care of. Iím not sure what is going on with the techs, but at this point I donít know what to do.

Brought Jeep in for oil change, brakes, blown speakers, replace right front fender flare that just blew off one day, a rattle that has been in my Jeep for two years they can't seem to find, a broken clip to the A/C dash and check my seat heater. Extended warranty paid for.

This is what I got when they handed me the keys 8 days later.

1 - I had to pay for 4 days of a rental while my Jeep sat there and had no work being done to it because there were no speakers in the shop. To me, these speakers should have been ordered the day I brought my Jeep in, knowing it would take a couple days for delivery. For a tech not to be able to notice speakers being blown is ridiculous. This should have taken 20 minutes at most, the first day the Jeep was there.
2 - The rattling in the back is still there. I noticed this before I even got to the bottom of the street to Highway 62. Itís clear as can be. 2 years I have been asking to get this fixed.
3 - Ordered the wrong side part (Fender Flare) for my Jeep. Have to reorder
4 - Tech broke my door panel trying to install new speakers. Have to order new door panel
5 - The speaker was not installed in the door in which the panel was broken.
Still speakers blown in car.
6 - After telling service rep I was coming in, and after the service manager went out there and told them, I sat there for over an hour waiting for my Jeep just to be washed only to have it brought out completely dirty. It sat outside for 4 days, waiting for speakers they never put in.
7 - To top it off, when I got to the part of the highway where I could go 50mph, I realized there was some sort of an air sound, but I just figured it was the door panel. When I got home and shut my car door, is when I realized the top of my door had been hit with something pretty heavy or it had been opened really hard and it something. I donít know what happened, I just know unfortunately it did. Maybe thatís why they didnít wash it because water is going to leak in.

http://www.photoshack.com/albums/use...2/IMG_2465.JPG
http://www.photoshack.com/albums/use...2/IMG_2464.JPG
http://www.photoshack.com/albums/use...2/IMG_2463.JPG

That is insane they gave you your Jeep back like that. Looks like they left the door open when it was going up on the lift and got caught on something or door was open and a lift came down on it. I would report that to Jeep corporate and to the manager and owner of that dealership.