Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   Voice dial numbers... multiple lines? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/voice-dial-numbers-multiple-lines-70387.html)

Johnqqq 01-14-2014 02:24 PM

Voice dial numbers... multiple lines?

When I try to use the "dial" voice recognition command to dial a number in my phonebook, the system will ask me to select a line, and there is a choice of 2 lines with the same exact number. I tried deleting and repairing the phone, but it still says 2 lines. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy s4

lstowell 01-14-2014 02:29 PM

Re: Voice dial numbers... multiple lines?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnqqq (Post 959725)
When I try to use the "dial" voice recognition command to dial a number in my phonebook, the system will ask me to select a line, and there is a choice of 2 lines with the same exact number. I tried deleting and repairing the phone, but it still says 2 lines. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy s4

Have you tried deleting Uconnect from the phone side and then power cycle the phone?

Tellsch 01-14-2014 05:15 PM

It's because you have the number listed as a favorite in uConnect. I had the same problem and I fixed it by removing all favorites in the uConnect phone book.

vertrkr 01-14-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tellsch (Post 959816)
It's because you have the number listed as a favorite in uConnect. I had the same problem and I fixed it by removing all favorites in the uConnect phone book.

Same issue with my iPhone 5s so it's a minor uConnect thing I'd imagine they'll fix eventually.

Gtaz19 01-16-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tellsch (Post 959816)

I don't get this issue with my favorites and my 5S. I'll try my android and see if it changes...

Tellsch 01-16-2014 02:16 PM

Interesting, I wonder if it is an andorid issue? I have a Motorola RAZR HD.

I just recreated and fixed the problem again, so for me, in order to only have one contact come up I need to remove the favorite.

vertrkr 01-16-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gtaz19 (Post 960491)
I don't get this issue with my favorites and my 5S.

Interesting. I did have the iPhone setting to sync Favorites checked when I paired. I'll try re-pairing with Favorites un-checked and add them in manually to see if that makes a difference. Hmmm, now that I think about it perhaps that's not an option until after it's paired. None the less I'm going to delete everything on the iPhone and uConnect and see what happens.

Update: tried everything I could think of but still happens with my 5s, oh well, not a big deal.