Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Arrrgghhh! Beaten by a rav 4! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/arrrgghhh-beaten-by-a-rav-4-a-70405.html)

YjagetaJeep 01-14-2014 08:15 PM

I can't take this! I was beaten by a RAV4 today and the chick was pulling away! And this was from a roll! Granted, she knew it was a race before I did, and she got a jump on me, but this sucks. All the great sound don't mean shit if there's nothing to back it up!
I have Hemifever tuning for 91 octane, Corsa Exhaust, CAI, and a ported TB.
I knew the '13 GC was not the fastest SUV in the garage, but this is embarrassing! Gotta find a way into an SRT8...I just gotta!

bill_de 01-14-2014 08:19 PM

Re: Arrrgghhh! Beaten by a rav 4!

She was just a better driver ... don't blame the Jeep. :)

---

JeepGCOverland 01-14-2014 08:29 PM

That sucks. Trade for a 2014 or and SRT, preferably a 2014 SRT. I never instigate a race, but if the roads are clear and it is safe, I won't back down if challenged. I have raced the Acura MDX, Mercedes ML, BMW X5 (multiple versions, including the M), a 2011-2013 JGC HEMI, and some others and win most of the time. I have yet to lose to any of the many ricers and pimpmobiles (huge SUVs with deep tinted windows and huge, hideous wheels) that think I have an SRT (I think most of the challengers think I have the SRT, at least before we race, to be fair). Even if somebody gets a jump on me, the HEMI has a ton of top end power and can usually catch up and overtake pretty quickly.

Also, what Bill said. :)

fwdjeep 01-14-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YjagetaJeep (Post 959900)
I can't take this! I was beaten by a RAV4 today and the chick was pulling away! And this was from a roll! Granted, she knew it was a race before I did, and she got a jump on me, but this sucks. All the great sound don't mean shit if there's nothing to back it up!
I have Hemifever tuning for 91 octane, Corsa Exhaust, CAI, and a ported TB.
I knew the '13 GC was not the fastest SUV in the garage, but this is embarrassing! Gotta find a way into an SRT8...I just gotta!

A diesel would have beaten her hands down without trying

BlackOverlandHemi 01-14-2014 08:37 PM

NOOOOO!!!!! Should I just not race anyone? I would want to drive off a cliff.... Something must be off, maybe the tune? I'm not doing the corsa but everything else Ive got done or being done. I need to do a 0-60 run cause my butt dyno feels like I would smoke a rav4.

YjagetaJeep 01-14-2014 09:13 PM

Couple of things... This wasn't a side by side drag race...this woman cut me off to get to the freeway ramp before me. The metering light lets two cars on at a time so when she took off I figured what the hell...Let me see how fast she is....but she was pulling away until we hit about 60mph or so...I think I would have smoked her from that point on due to the 5.7 nice fat powerband. But still! Even with all the mods Ive done I'm lucky to get down to 7 second 0-60 times. This just really showed me the limits of my Overland!

bill_de 01-14-2014 09:24 PM

I was once in a race that really wasn't a race ... but a least I won. :rolleyes:

---

NC4stroker 01-14-2014 09:31 PM

I saw a review in which a V6 Rav4 scampered to 60 in 6.3 seconds. Power to weight is in play as well.

You're gonna have your work cut out for ya on that one.

NC4stroker 01-14-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepGCOverland (Post 959912)
That sucks. Trade for a 2014 or and SRT, preferably a 2014 SRT. I never instigate a race, but if the roads are clear and it is safe, I won't back down if challenged. I have raced the Acura MDX, Mercedes ML, BMW X5 (multiple versions, including the M), a 2011-2013 JGC HEMI, and some others and win most of the time. I have yet to lose to any of the many ricers and pimpmobiles (huge SUVs with deep tinted windows and huge, hideous wheels) that think I have an SRT (I think most of the challengers think I have the SRT, at least before we race, to be fair). Even if somebody gets a jump on me, the HEMI has a ton of top end power and can usually catch up and overtake pretty quickly.

Also, what Bill said. :)

Don't go pickin' on any X5Ms.......:cool:

YjagetaJeep 01-14-2014 09:42 PM

Something like that, Bill! Not too many races are straight out drag races, especially in an SUV. They're usually push comes to shove races on freeway entrance ramps.

MKSVT 01-14-2014 09:43 PM

Buy an actual performance SUV if you want to go fast.

:thumbsup:

YjagetaJeep 01-14-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MKSVT (Post 959949)
Buy an actual performance SUV if you want to go fast.

:thumbsup:

Yeah...Ya know, I've pretty much had fast cars all my life. I bought the 5.7 figuring it would at least be respectable. I read so many 0-60 times about this SUV, but it turned out that the slowest time was the true time...maybe around 8 second 0-60 times. I never even considered the SRT8 because I figured the 5.7 with would be enough. I WAS WRONG!