Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export & Diesel Powered Jeep Models (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/)
-   -   MOPAR Electonic Brake Controller (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/mopar-electonic-brake-controller-70432.html)

shellhall5183 01-15-2014 04:44 PM

MOPAR Electonic Brake Controller

Hi all,
I was informed of a great web site for Jeep parts and accessories from a member SNUKE. after going through this website I have found a electronic brake controller unit that I am interested in. I have no idea about these units but I was wondering if any one can help with the question the supplier has come back to me with as I don't have mine or one available to look at.

Hi,

This may work with your Jeep, however you will need to check the following things in your Jeep.

Additional Details: Digital Electronic Brake Control, compatible with vehicle electronics, digital display, easy touch thumb wheel, active trailer disconnect indicator and more. Vehicle must have AHT and AHX (Trailer Hitch and Wiring)

Disclosure(s): Before ordering the Mopar Integrated Trailer Brake Module (ITBM) kit, it is necessary to check if the vehicle has both trailer brake module connectors. These connectors are located under left side of the steering column. Both connectors are 4 pin connectors. If both connectors are not present the ITBM kit cannot be added to the vehicle.

If your Jeep does not come with all of these options you will need to get this harness and an aftermarket brake controller.

Mopar Electric Trailer Brake Controller - Item # 82210512AC

You may want to check with a local Jeep dealer in Australia to see if these are the same part numbers for the kits that are offered in Australia. Unfortunately our catalogs list our parts as working with the Domestic North American models.

Thanks!
Corey

Corey Silvia
Director of Parts Operations
JustForJeeps.com
888-651-JEEP (5337)
x1314

SNUKE 01-15-2014 05:47 PM

Re: MOPAR Electonic Brake Controller

I hear that member is a great guy.

I suggest you post this question, and mention the brake controller you are interested in, in the Export Towing Thread where most Aussies post.
They will have the best resources for what is actually in our cars.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/the-t...ead-62189.html

Tekonsha,s are generally thought of as the best brake controllers.

WK2OverlandII 01-15-2014 05:59 PM

Re: MOPAR Electonic Brake Controller

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellhall5183 (Post 960288)
Hi all,
I was informed of a great web site for Jeep parts and accessories from a member SNUKE. after going through this website I have found a electronic brake controller unit that I am interested in. I have no idea about these units but I was wondering if any one can help with the question the supplier has come back to me with as I don't have mine or one available to look at.

Hi,

This may work with your Jeep, however you will need to check the following things in your Jeep.

Additional Details: Digital Electronic Brake Control, compatible with vehicle electronics, digital display, easy touch thumb wheel, active trailer disconnect indicator and more. Vehicle must have AHT and AHX (Trailer Hitch and Wiring)

Disclosure(s): Before ordering the Mopar Integrated Trailer Brake Module (ITBM) kit, it is necessary to check if the vehicle has both trailer brake module connectors. These connectors are located under left side of the steering column. Both connectors are 4 pin connectors. If both connectors are not present the ITBM kit cannot be added to the vehicle.

If your Jeep does not come with all of these options you will need to get this harness and an aftermarket brake controller.

Mopar Electric Trailer Brake Controller - Item # 82210512AC

You may want to check with a local Jeep dealer in Australia to see if these are the same part numbers for the kits that are offered in Australia. Unfortunately our catalogs list our parts as working with the Domestic North American models.

Thanks!
Corey

Corey Silvia
Director of Parts Operations
JustForJeeps.com
888-651-JEEP (5337)
x1314

I like this one for less than half-price...

Tekonsha Plug-In Wiring Adapter for Electric Brake Controllers Tekonsha Accessories and Parts 3045-P