Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   Would stronger springs help? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/would-stronger-springs-help-70437.html)

tkyall1985 01-15-2014 07:38 PM

Would stronger springs help?

I have added the Rough Country 2" budget lift and new tires to accommodate (Kumho Road Venture a/t 265/70 r17) for the lift. That's what the recommendations were for this lift. But the rear end looks to be sitting lower than the front now. Oh also, new Bilstein 5100 series shocks in the rear as well. Would a new heavy duty spring like Old Man Emu help? Thanks for any input!

STLBLUERUBICON 01-21-2014 02:04 PM

Re: Would stronger springs help?

I would e-mail Rough Country. They might offer you a leveling kit or tell you exactly what to do..

tkyall1985 01-21-2014 02:19 PM

Thanks. They weren't much help over there. However, Rusty's was very helpful and told me my springs weren't meant to have been lifted like that and the ones they offered would fix the problem. They are heavy duty and 2" taller which would also help me with towing even though they will probably be a little rougher ride. But I am still young and I can live with that. Thanks for your help!

STLBLUERUBICON 01-21-2014 02:24 PM

Glad it god worked out. Yea Rustys is always great. Also if you have any questions any anything on your Jeep Poly Performance is amazing about helping you with anything like that.

tkyall1985 01-21-2014 08:19 PM

Cool! What is their website? I would like to bookmark them for future uses.

JHKolb 01-22-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkyall1985 (Post 963171)
Thanks. They weren't much help over there. However, Rusty's was very helpful and told me my springs weren't meant to have been lifted like that and the ones they offered would fix the problem. They are heavy duty and 2" taller which would also help me with towing even though they will probably be a little rougher ride. But I am still young and I can live with that. Thanks for your help!

If you get the Rusty's springs I would be interest in know how they ride. Had a set in my WJ and they worked well but were a little stiff.

tkyall1985 01-22-2014 04:54 PM

Sure no problem!

tkyall1985 02-03-2014 05:22 PM

So I am stuck and in need of some help making a decision. I can go with OME coils that are ride height or the Rusty's which have a 2" lift to them. The 2" would make my jeep a 4" lift if I leave the spacers in. The problem with that is I don't think my month old Bilstein 5100 series shocks work with that much lift. I could take out the spacers but seeing that I just bought them I really don't want to take them out unless necessary. Any suggestions?