Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   Durangos have weak brakes? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/durangos-have-weak-brakes-70455.html)

ufokillerz 01-16-2014 02:30 PM

Durangos have weak brakes?
 
I have 900 miles on my 2014 r/t now, and i can't help but feel that the brakes are weak?

my 2011 ford expedition with stock brakes definitely felt snappier with braking. it now has ebc yellow pads, and it stops like a coupe.

Does anyone else feel that the durango has weak brakes?

It really got me to expedite my brembo order.

vertrkr 01-16-2014 03:12 PM

Re: Durangos have weak brakes?
 
I have the opposite feeling. My old expedition had the worst brakes of any car I owned and the Durango the best.

ufokillerz 01-16-2014 03:57 PM

Re: Durangos have weak brakes?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 960739)
I have the opposite feeling. My old expedition had the worst brakes of any car I owned and the Durango the best.

man i must have high expectations, my previous small suv was a bmw x3 sports package 2007, but my 2011 expedition with stock brakes definitely felt stronger in the brake area

Tellsch 01-16-2014 04:11 PM

Re: Durangos have weak brakes?
 
I am in the same boat as vertrkr. Coming from a Tahoe, this thing stops way better than anything I have driven recently.

mcfarl58 01-17-2014 01:25 PM

Re: Durangos have weak brakes?
 
Mine stops just fine. Also, I've noticed that the transmission does a good job of slowing the car down as well even without brake usage. When it downshifts, it really slows up.

robpp 01-17-2014 01:38 PM

Re: Durangos have weak brakes?
 
scott had the jeep srt8 brembos on his durango IIRC/ fit right on. he had aftermarket wheels....stockers may be a roadblock/

Immo 01-17-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 961226)
scott had the jeep srt8 brembos on his durango IIRC/ fit right on. he had aftermarket wheels....stockers may be a roadblock/

need 20x9 at a min. Stock wheels are to small at 20x8.

dbtx 01-17-2014 08:20 PM

Re: Durangos have weak brakes?
 
Agree - mine are soft. Now - full disclosure...I came from an M3. But, the stock brakes on the D do feel squiggy.

Danny

vertrkr 01-17-2014 09:47 PM

Re: Durangos have weak brakes?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbtx (Post 961437)
...But, the stock brakes on the D do feel squiggy

All I could think of is Laverne & Shirley when I read this. I'm sure I'm dating myself here.

ufokillerz 01-18-2014 12:25 AM

Re: Durangos have weak brakes?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbtx (Post 961437)
Agree - mine are soft. Now - full disclosure...I came from an M3. But, the stock brakes on the D do feel squiggy.

Danny

i mean i dont have a m3, but i did trade in my x3 with sports package. and bmw makes some damn nice brakes!

redalty 01-19-2014 10:21 PM

Re: Durangos have weak brakes?
 
Does anyone make a nice pad? I agree about the brake feel but I'm not trying to replace the stock stuff and change wheels for the brembo, a little more bite could go a long way.

ufokillerz 01-19-2014 10:59 PM

Re: Durangos have weak brakes?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by redalty (Post 962370)
Does anyone make a nice pad? I agree about the brake feel but I'm not trying to replace the stock stuff and change wheels for the brembo, a little more bite could go a long way.

ebc yellow stuff


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community