Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Pay close attention on that walkthrough!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/pay-close-attention-on-that-walkthrough-70506.html)

Homebrew 01-17-2014 02:18 PM

Pay close attention on that walkthrough!!

1 Attachment(s)
I ordered a 2014 Jeep GC Overland at the end of November. I picked it up and drove it home yesterday (about a 3.5 drive). When I get home, I noticed that the fuel door is black. Well, my Jeep is True Blue!!! :eek:

We did the walk-around and the salesman even popped the fuel door. It must have been the sunlight, but I sure didn't notice it and evidently he didn't either. I have to admit that I feel pretty stupid, but I guess it's just not something I was expecting and in that light, it just never caught my eye. Maybe I'll just leave it as it does make my Jeep sort of unique! I thought you all might get a kick out this story.

GCLimited 01-17-2014 02:20 PM

Re: Pay close attention on that walkthrough!!

Chrysler Quality Control strikes again!

:slapfight:

Dan JGC 01-17-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homebrew (Post 961245)
I ordered a 2014 Jeep GC Overland at the end of November. I picked it up and drove it home yesterday (about a 3.5 drive). When I get home, I noticed that the fuel door is black. Well, my Jeep is True Blue!!! :eek:

We did the walk-around and the salesman even popped the fuel door. It must have been the sunlight, but I sure didn't notice it and evidently he didn't either. I have to admit that I feel pretty stupid, but I guess it's just not something I was expecting and in that light, it just never caught my eye. Maybe I'll just leave it as it does make my Jeep sort of unique! I thought you all might get a kick out this story.

Somewhere out there there is probably a Brilliant Black Jeep with a True Blue fuel door...............as I believe the whole body is painted at once including the doors then taken off as needed and mated back up.....at least that is what one video showed. Something got out of sequence.

Homebrew 01-17-2014 02:25 PM

I had thought that maybe it got scratched or something and the dealership replaced it and the service folks just put on the wrong color. The salesman checked and said they didn't replace or change anything, so it was definately a factory mistake.

abarbs30 01-17-2014 03:13 PM

Its so ridiculous that its kinda funny.. Hopefully they resolve that soon.

Homebrew 01-17-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abarbs30 (Post 961289)
Its so ridiculous that its kinda funny

Actually, that was my reaction. I just busted out laughing. Of course I noticed it after a 3.5 hour drive, although they may not have been able to fix it then and there anyway.

TurboRush 01-17-2014 03:58 PM

So Riiiiddddiiicccuuuuullllooouusss you have to :lol:

Frickin Jeep :rolleyes:

GBJeep 01-17-2014 04:37 PM

That's crazy! I can see how you would miss that especially in bright sunlight. Hope you get it resolved.

MD Boy 01-17-2014 05:25 PM

Wow. At an absolute loss for words. No consumer should ever have to deal with that; hope it gets resolved soon.

And Jeep wants to move, 'up market'? Yeah, not happening anytime soon with the current QC protocol in place.

Just Wow.

pinetar 01-17-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MD Boy (Post 961372)
Wow. At an absolute loss for words. No consumer should ever have to deal with that; hope it gets resolved soon.

And Jeep wants to move, 'up market'? Yeah, not happening anytime soon with the current QC protocol in place.

Just Wow.

^ Hurts, but so true.

So much love/hate for Jeep.

bill_de 01-17-2014 06:45 PM

I'm happy to see that the OP has enough sense to not make a big deal out of this. It seems a lot of folks missed this along the way.

It will get resolved without any issue.

Homebrew - Congratulations on your new, very unique, Grand Cherokee. :thumbsup:

MKSVT 01-17-2014 07:16 PM

This is great, I would love to here the response from Chrysler on the phone.

Best of luck with your truck, I say leave it when people ask just tell them the truth!