Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export & Diesel Powered Jeep Models (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/)
-   -   Michellen Tyres any good??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/michellen-tyres-any-good-70588.html)

shellhall5183 01-19-2014 04:50 PM

Michellen Tyres any good???

Hi all,
As i cannot find much information and reviews on these tires need to ask fellow Jeep owners their thoughts..

I have a 2014 Overland on order with a AWY kit that changes the wheels from 20" to 18" that rides on the Michelin Latitude tyres. What are peoples thoughts of these tyres for a all terrain tyre? Once we get our new car we are heading of for a 10-12 thousand km drive on both sealed and dirt towing a camper. I am strongly thinking of swapping these tires out once I get the new car to a well known tire I have used before "Cooper AT3's"

bill_de 01-19-2014 05:27 PM

Re: Michellen Tyres any good???

The only one who refers to these tires as off road tires is Jeep. The are plain all season tires which according to Michelin were designed for highway driving and good mileage in mind. They but these same tires on the Limits (US), and on those they don't call them off road.

I support Jeep, but I find this practice deceptive. I called Jeep about it and was told to tell my dealer???

That said, I have found them good on the beach, but I wouldn't attempt any rock crawling.

You can check out other Michelin tires on their website.

---

SNUKE 01-20-2014 07:01 AM

I have made several posts about my car slipping and having wheel spin on a mild grassy hill.
Neither my Pajero or my Falcon do this, I have tried several 4WD settings, I can only conclude that the tyres are the problem.

1stJeepGC 01-20-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellhall5183 (Post 962223)
Hi all,
As i cannot find much information and reviews on these tires need to ask fellow Jeep owners their thoughts..

I have a 2014 Overland on order with a AWY kit that changes the wheels from 20" to 18" that rides on the Michelin Latitude tyres. What are peoples thoughts of these tyres for a all terrain tyre? Once we get our new car we are heading of for a 10-12 thousand km drive on both sealed and dirt towing a camper. I am strongly thinking of swapping these tires out once I get the new car to a well known tire I have used before "Cooper AT3's"

Greetings,

If you have had success with the Cooper AT3's down in Aussie with the different temperature ranges, then go for it. Cooper did a great job on them. The Latitude is a pure joke of a tire intended for off-road adventures and wet conditions. I have been saying this since 2011 when I had them. Since you going to have a camper in tow, steering control with traction is your first priority for safety.

Best for now.:)

pcrraa 04-02-2014 06:46 AM

i tore one on a rock in a carpark the second week i had it!