Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   What is the best way to buy a used SRT8? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/what-is-the-best-way-to-buy-a-used-srt8-70619.html)

Yeti 01-20-2014 09:51 AM

What is the best way to buy a used SRT8?
 
I recently got a do over when my WK2 Limited V8 was totaled. The WK2 forum was invaluable during the years that I planned that purchase. I could buy a new one but would like something a little more inspiring now so I'm wondering if I can get a good 2012 SRT8 in that price range (~47-48K).

What is the best way to buy and value one? I can't seem to find a selection in my price anywhere but eTrade. They are all in Florida and don't have any completed sales in the last 2 weeks though so that concern's me.

I also couldn't find a value in KBB or NADA. I'll check the classifieds here next as I just thought of that. Does anyone have a any tips, ideas, resources, or vehicles that they want to sell. I'm willing to travel if necessary but would prefer NW as I live in Washington. Prefer red, gray, silver.

Thanks in advance!

hankwedge 01-20-2014 10:02 AM

Sent u a pm

xJoshxx 01-20-2014 12:07 PM

Re: What is the best way to buy a used SRT8?
 
In july 2013 I paid 45k for my 2012 with 24k miles,

Take into account the 12's and 13 resales got crushed by the 2014 refresh

jbjones85 01-20-2014 12:18 PM

Re: What is the best way to buy a used SRT8?
 
you should be able to get 12-13's for mid 40's with decent options and normal miles. I would say low 40's is very possible with higher miles and high 40's for low miles. I did a quick search on cars.com and there are a lot available but not many close to you unfortunately.

madSRT 01-20-2014 06:34 PM

Just bought a one owner, CPO WK2 with 10K miles on it this past Saturday. Sticker was 48K. They are out there, just have to look.

Not sure where you are but also saw one in NJ that has 25K miles for 48K.

xJoshxx 01-20-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madSRT (Post 962780)
Just bought a one owner, CPO WK2 with 10K miles on it this past Saturday. Sticker was 48K. They are out there, just have to look.

Not sure where you are but also saw one in NJ that has 25K miles for 48K.

Forgot to mention do only cpo through jeep dealer. You can get an extended warranty automatically.

madSRT 01-20-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xJoshxx (Post 962839)

Forgot to mention do only cpo through jeep dealer. You can get an extended warranty automatically.

Exactly!

Yeti 01-21-2014 09:17 AM

Re: What is the best way to buy a used SRT8?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xJoshxx (Post 962839)
Forgot to mention do only cpo through jeep dealer. You can get an extended warranty automatically.

Do you mean if I "buy" into CPO I only do it through a Jeep dealer or the only thing I should buy is a CPO SRT8 through a Jeep dealer? Please elaborate, thanks, :-)

Also, how important is the extended warranty for this vehicle?

Schleprock 01-21-2014 09:32 AM

Re: What is the best way to buy a used SRT8?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeti (Post 963069)
Do you mean if I "buy" into CPO I only do it through a Jeep dealer or the only thing I should buy is a CPO SRT8 through a Jeep dealer? Please elaborate, thanks, :-)

Also, how important is the extended warranty for this vehicle?

for a 2012? I'd say important. I'm realizing more and more the 2014 I have now is basically a revamped 2012. In addition to many of the physical changes, it seems they went back and changed some of the stuff that wasn't good enough in 2012. My seats look the same, but feel different and heat/cool different. CF is still on the dash, but it looks different, has a better clearcoat and shine. Fender skirts look much better attached than my 2012. Same radio, but sounds a bit better (could be head unit though).

As for buying though, word of warning, don't pay more than $46k + tax/title/reg. I see '12 and '13 values not holding well, reminds me of the '04 GTO and how things went in that community.

xJoshxx 01-21-2014 07:33 PM

Re: What is the best way to buy a used SRT8?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeti (Post 963069)
Do you mean if I "buy" into CPO I only do it through a Jeep dealer or the only thing I should buy is a CPO SRT8 through a Jeep dealer? Please elaborate, thanks, :-)

Also, how important is the extended warranty for this vehicle?

well the motor it's self is close to 10k just for the motor.

Yeti 01-22-2014 10:26 AM

Re: What is the best way to buy a used SRT8?
 
This is good info, thank you all! I've managed to find a wider selection of vehicles but as previously noted they are all quite a ways away. I'm going to take my time and start researching the closest ones that match my criteria. In the meantime I need to go drive an SRT and see if it moves me. Would a 2014 provide similar performance to what I am looking at? I now it has a nicer interior and an 8-speed but I hope it can give the general idea of what the performance is like.

madSRT 01-22-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeti (Post 963637)
This is good info, thank you all! I've managed to find a wider selection of vehicles but as previously noted they are all quite a ways away. I'm going to take my time and start researching the closest ones that match my criteria. In the meantime I need to go drive an SRT and see if it moves me. Would a 2014 provide similar performance to what I am looking at? I now it has a nicer interior and an 8-speed but I hope it can give the general idea of what the performance is like.

Where you located Yeti? I know of two out there as I just got done all of my research and picked it up Saturday. I can't see location from the JG app.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community