Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Nav via Sirius possible? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/nav-via-sirius-possible-70623.html)

heelz 01-20-2014 11:25 AM

Nav via Sirius possible?

Hello,

I have been reading where many people are not happy with the Jeep Nav saying the maps are really out of date. I just purchased 2014 Limited with the Nav Ready option and was thinking about paying the 600 for the nav install. As I was looking thru the Sirius booklet, I noticed they have the SiriusXM Traffic and if you go to their link, its showing the maps and directions. I was wondering if that would work on our Nav Ready systems vs going with the Jeep software?

Anyone know or have tried this?

BobsWK2 01-20-2014 06:08 PM

Re: Nav via Sirius possible?

I noticed yesterday as I was traveling along the PCH (pacific coast highway) near Cambria, CA that the navigation map showed me traveling on the road which was offshore in the Pacific. Not very accurate.

2014RedHemiGC 01-20-2014 06:45 PM

The extra subscription cost of the Sirius/XM traffic feature was not worth keeping to me.

jacko15 01-20-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heelz (Post 962583)
Hello,

I have been reading where many people are not happy with the Jeep Nav saying the maps are really out of date. I just purchased 2014 Limited with the Nav Ready option and was thinking about paying the 600 for the nav install. As I was looking thru the Sirius booklet, I noticed they have the SiriusXM Traffic and if you go to their link, its showing the maps and directions. I was wondering if that would work on our Nav Ready systems vs going with the Jeep software?

Anyone know or have tried this?

Sirius/XM traffic is not nav. It works with the Jeep nav to help with routing around traffic problems.

r007 01-23-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heelz (Post 962583)
I just purchased 2014 Limited with the Nav Ready option and was thinking about paying the 600 for the nav install. As I was looking thru the Sirius booklet, I noticed they have the SiriusXM Traffic and if you go to their link, its showing the maps and directions. I was wondering if that would work on our Nav Ready systems vs going with the Jeep software?

Just an FYI: I assume because you have to pay for the nav install, that you have the RA3 radio. According to Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - 2014 model year radios , the RA3 cannot use SiriusXM Traffic, only the RA4 (which has the nav already activated).

MyThawk 01-23-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r007 (Post 964163)
Just an FYI: I assume because you have to pay for the nav install, that you have the RA3 radio. According to Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - 2014 model year radios , the RA3 cannot use SiriusXM Traffic, only the RA4 (which has the nav already activated).

what is the different between RA3 and RA4? I understand that we have to have RA4 in order to have teh Sirius XM traffic installed.
thank you.

lstowell 01-23-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 962858)
Sirius/XM traffic is not nav. It works with the Jeep nav to help with routing around traffic problems.

And tends to stay fairly up to date as to closed/blocked roads, which helped around here after Floodmageddon last Sept. Also helps by tying into the nav to get you around traffic jams in pretty close to real time.

Jim_in_PA 01-23-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyThawk (Post 964187)
what is the different between RA3 and RA4?

RA4 comes from the factory with integral NAV with rich features

RA3 comes from the factory without NAV. NAV can be activated by the dealer (~$600) but it is not as full featured as the NAV in the RA4

Chrysler does not permit exchanging the systems...whatever is in the vehicle from the factory is what you have to work with.

MyThawk 01-23-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA (Post 964336)
RA4 comes from the factory with integral NAV with rich features

RA3 comes from the factory without NAV. NAV can be activated by the dealer (~$600) but it is not as full featured as the NAV in the RA4

Chrysler does not permit exchanging the systems...whatever is in the vehicle from the factory is what you have to work with.

thank you very much.