Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Question re MOTS estimated delivery dates (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/question-re-mots-estimated-delivery-dates-70626.html)

dsindm 01-20-2014 12:53 PM

Question re MOTS estimated delivery dates
 
There are seven Cherokee Limiteds in the MOTS report with estimated delivery dates between January 25 and February 2, and another with estimated delivery of February 10. All are shown in D1 status. Based on how long it appears to take for US delivery as indicated in other vehicle production histories, it seems like something more should be happening if any of these vehicles are going to be delivered close to the estimated dates.

So, I'm wondering if they may keep showing these vehicles in D1 even as they're well into production, or is it just SOP that they're not going to come close to meeting the estimated delivery dates?

Aldonola 01-20-2014 01:38 PM

I drove myself crazy trying to read these tea leaves. I was sure they were playing games with me but at the end of the day my Jeep arrived only 2 days later than the dealer original estimate. YMMV of course. Hang in there, it is worth the wait, I promise!

scorpn 01-20-2014 01:39 PM

Re: Question re MOTS estimated delivery dates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dsindm (Post 962625)
There are seven Cherokee Limiteds in the MOTS report with estimated delivery dates between January 25 and February 2, and another with estimated delivery of February 10. All are shown in D1 status. Based on how long it appears to take for US delivery as indicated in other vehicle production histories, it seems like something more should be happening if any of these vehicles are going to be delivered close to the estimated dates.

So, I'm wondering if they may keep showing these vehicles in D1 even as they're well into production, or is it just SOP that they're not going to come close to meeting the estimated delivery dates?

My Limited is one of those. Estimated Delivery Date of 1/25. MOTS shows me still in D1 status, but, VOTS shows the vehicle in Paint. Not sure what is going on here.:confused:
My incentive's expire at the end of Jan so I hope it's delivered before then.

melindag 01-20-2014 02:33 PM

Re: Question re MOTS estimated delivery dates
 
I'm a new member and I was wanting to know how to get info on MOTS. I want more info on status of Jeep ordered.

dsindm 01-20-2014 02:53 PM

Re: Question re MOTS estimated delivery dates
 
Thanks for the replies.

Scorpn, yours and the other order with a 1/25 estimated delivery are the ones I follow every day. Good to hear that VOTS shows they're already busy with yours. I do check VOTS as well so perhaps it'll surprise me one of these days.

dsindm 01-20-2014 02:55 PM

Re: Question re MOTS estimated delivery dates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by melindag (Post 962674)
I'm a new member and I was wanting to know how to get info on MOTS. I want more info on status of Jeep ordered.

You have to be a level 3 or level 4 member ($25 or $30 IIRC). Once you've joined at that level, you PM some information to Milous and he'll get you set up in MOTS.

Desert Hiker 01-20-2014 03:11 PM

Re: Question re MOTS estimated delivery dates
 
My TH is shown (in MOTS) as estimated delivery 1/29/2014.......9 days from today.
> VOTS shows only Production Scheduled
> MOTS still shows D1 status only
So, they have only 9 days to build and get the TH to Arizona to make the estimated delivery date.

I'm not expecting them to make the estimated delivery date.:(
I'm REALLY looking forward to getting the vehicle.:D

Desert Hiker

SassyBlonde 01-20-2014 04:14 PM

Re: Question re MOTS estimated delivery dates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert Hiker (Post 962694)
My TH is shown (in MOTS) as estimated delivery 1/29/2012.......9 days from today.
> VOTS shows only Production Scheduled
> MOTS still shows D1 status only
So, they have only 9 days to build and get the TH to Arizona to make the estimated delivery date.

I'm not expecting them to make the estimated delivery date.:(
I'm REALLY looking forward to getting the vehicle.:D

Desert Hiker

Crossing my fingers that you are right..mine shows the same thing and it looks like nearly the same configuration (TH, V6, blah blah) but with delivery date of 1/28...not holding breath but a girl can dream! Good luck...will watch your status as well since I am not OCD enough... :)

dsindm 01-20-2014 06:25 PM

Re: Question re MOTS estimated delivery dates
 
I heard from the buyer of the Limited (other than Scorpn's) with a 1/25 estimated delivery date. Today he got an e-mail from VOTS and an update in MOTS, and his is built pending inspection with a new delivery date of 2/1. Could be worse! At least there's some indication these are moving along in the process.

Milous 01-21-2014 07:32 PM

Re: Question re MOTS estimated delivery dates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpn (Post 962657)
My Limited is one of those. Estimated Delivery Date of 1/25. MOTS shows me still in D1 status...

Built - Pending Inspection: (I) 01/21/2014 02:46 PM EST Toledo North Assembly, OH

Desert Hiker 01-22-2014 10:08 AM

Re: Question re MOTS estimated delivery dates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SassyBlonde (Post 962715)
Crossing my fingers that you are right..mine shows the same thing and it looks like nearly the same configuration (TH, V6, blah blah) but with delivery date of 1/28...not holding breath but a girl can dream! Good luck...will watch your status as well since I am not OCD enough... :)

Interesting......received email from VOTS indicating "Your new Jeep is beginning to build!!" VOTS system shows it as in paint. :D MOTS still shows only D1 status as it has since 12/21/2013. I thought MOTS was more up-to-date and detailed. Guess not. MOTS still shows estimated delivery date of 1/29....1 week from now. Hopefully the paint will be dry:eek:

Sassy, perhaps our Trailhawks are in Deep Cherry Red paint together!! Yours has the cold weather package. No need for that in AZ: sunny today with high of 77F. :lol:

Desert Hiker

SassyBlonde 01-22-2014 10:26 AM

Re: Question re MOTS estimated delivery dates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert Hiker (Post 963630)
Interesting......received email from VOTS indicating "Your new Jeep is beginning to build!!" VOTS system shows it as in paint. :D MOTS still shows only D1 status as it has since 12/21/2013. I thought MOTS was more up-to-date and detailed. Guess not.

Sassy, perhaps our Trailhawks are in Deep Cherry Red paint together!! Yours has the cold weather package. No need for that in AZ: sunny today with high of 77F. :lol:

Desert Hiker

:p to the sunny and 77! I have -4 with windchills of -24...woo hoo! That is good news for you! I am still sitting in the purgatory of scheduled in both places but maybe they know I have zip, nada patience and are messing with me. Maybe I shouldn't have been so picky...nah! We want what we want! :violin:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community