Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/)
-   -   How do you usually wash your Jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/how-do-you-usually-wash-your-jeep-70662.html)

YjagetaJeep 01-21-2014 06:01 AM

How do you usually wash your Jeep

Every week or two, I go fill up the tank and take my WK2 Overland through the touchless wash. I bring a few good MF towels, some detailing spray and a cordless leaf blower to dry it off.

Every few washes I need to give it a real wash, using the two bucket system. Because the water here is hard, hard, hard, I use a final rinse of de-ionized water from a Mr Clean system I bought a few years ago that ultra filters the water. Whenever I do this "full wash" I'm always amazed at how great the Jeep looks.

BuckeyeSRT 01-21-2014 07:48 AM

Re: How do you usually wash your Jeep

I think touch less is better than nothing but I would not take a MF cloth to it after. Enough dirt left on the paint to cause scratches.

madSRT 01-21-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeSRT (Post 963045)
I think touch less is better than nothing but I would not take a MF cloth to it after. Enough dirt left on the paint to cause scratches.

Agreed, especially if it's a dark color as they show much more quickly. I am in a cold climate and typically go touch less myself but then just blow dry and leave it alone. If it gets too crazy then I'll make a detail appointment somewhere.

YjagetaJeep 01-21-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeSRT (Post 963045)

I don't scrub or even drag the MF over the paint. It's more of a lay it on the hood and pick it up action. I use the detailing spray on any remaining water spots.

Scottina06 01-21-2014 08:40 PM

I have two buckets of water with grit guards and two mits. First I spray my boy down, rinse out the fender wells etc. Then I soak him down with my foam gun filled full of mothers gold wash. I then use my mitt(1 mitt only for paint) dipped in clean water and wash the top of the jeep. Rinse and wring out...dip again and do hood and midway down fender, drivers side doors and 1/4 panel. Dip and ring out. Wash hatch, all down pass side midway. Dip and ring do front bumper. Dip and ring. Wash down lower drivers side and rear bumper. Dip and ring. wash pass side lower. Rinse from top down. @nd mitt dipped in second bucket to wet. Spray drivers side wheels and fender liners with foam gun.....wash with mitt...scrub inner wheel and calipers with my boars hair brushes. Rinse brushes and mitt. Now do pass side. Rinse all wheels, fender wells etc. Next remove hose spray gun and use the sheeting method starting at top and rinsing down. Let truck drain. Use hand held blower to blow access water from crevices, cracks etc. Good on wheels too. Next move beast into garage. Sometimes I spritz it with the adams details spray. depends on my motivation. Next I dry with microfiber waffle weave large drying towels. I have like 15 of these...I use as many as it takes. I laso dry out doors, hatch, hood etc. Any touch ups are done with adams detail spray. I then apply the adams VRT tire shine. Done. I hope I didn't forget anything...LOL.

akimball 01-21-2014 08:48 PM

that vrt stuff is amazing! it works wonders on anything plastic as well.

bill_de 01-21-2014 10:26 PM

Scott,

That is the most detailed description of a car wash I've ever read!

What is a grit guard?

---

Yeti 01-21-2014 10:58 PM

That thing must be beautiful!!!

BuckeyeSRT 01-22-2014 02:11 PM

http://www.detailedimage.com/product...9_1_m_2375.jpg
Goes in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket

BuckeyeSRT 01-22-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 963323)
depends on my motivation.

Wondering if this line stood out for anyone else besides me. :D

BuckeyeSRT 01-22-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YjagetaJeep (Post 963078)
I don't scrub or even drag the MF over the paint. It's more of a lay it on the hood and pick it up action. I use the detailing spray on any remaining water spots.

Do you wipe the detailing spray with the MF towel?

YjagetaJeep 01-22-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeSRT (Post 963730)

Wondering if this line stood out for anyone else besides me. :D

If Scott's motivation for using detail spray is anything like his motivation for describing his car wash regimen, we know for sure that gorgeous Red monster is always glistening!