Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Black Ops NON SRT front lower valance (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/black-ops-non-srt-front-lower-valance-70679.html)

BrandonATX 01-21-2014 02:41 PM

Black Ops NON SRT front lower valance

10 Attachment(s)
Hey guys...

Black Ops shipped me the first NON SRT front lower valance in the USA.. I believe there is one in Australia now with the cut out for the adaptive cruise control, this one does not have that.

I got it in the other day and it is going to the body shop on January 31 to be installed and painted. Im also having all of the other black plastic trim sanded and painted as well, rocker panels and rear bumper.. I already had the black trim around the tires painted due to a wife parking it in the garage indecent.

I just wanted to post some before pictures now and ill post the after pictures when i get it back... Enjoy

Mods currently done to the jeep:

Lamin X tail lights
Pedal Kit
Interior LEDs
Hemi Fever tune
vinyl wrapped chrome trim
Tinted windows
Eibach lowering kit
electric exhaust cut outs
DE-Badged
Mopar intake
painted calipers red

now here are the pix as it sits now...

BrandonATX 01-21-2014 02:45 PM

Re: Black Ops NON SRT front lower valance

7 Attachment(s)
Here are some more of the new Black Ops front lower valance..

SRT ROB 01-21-2014 02:50 PM

I bet you carn't wait to get it fitted, i had to have mine on as soon as I got it. Chad's done a fantastic job with these, they make a huge difference to the look of the non SRT Jeeps. Have you thought about getting some spacers for your wheels, that'll make it even better with the wheels flush.

BrandonATX 01-21-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRT ROB (Post 963180)
I bet you carn't wait to get it fitted, i had to have mine on as soon as I got it. Chad's done a fantastic job with these, they make a huge difference to the look of the non SRT Jeeps. Have you thought about getting some spacers for your wheels, that'll make it even better with the wheels flush.

I have not even thought about that... I planned on getting the srt rep 22"s when the tires wore down... but i have had it over a year, and it only has 10k miles on it...

SRT ROB 01-21-2014 03:00 PM

I found a set of 22" SRT Reps on eBay at Xmas, it looks so much better, I sold my original wheels for more than I paid for the reps, mine had the same wheels had yours so that could be one way of getting some reps.

Jeep_addicted 01-21-2014 03:06 PM

Subscribed.......

HemiFan 01-21-2014 07:03 PM

Like everything about your jeep!

BrandonATX 01-22-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiFan (Post 963274)
Like everything about your jeep!

Thanks bro.
Wait till it gets back from the body shop. It will look amazing.

Blown SS/T 01-24-2014 03:24 AM

You painted the plastic trim around the wheel wells? And is your grill painted over a chrome or is that from the altitude edition?

I have a 12' and want to get all the plastic trims painted as well. Wondering what you paid for the work.

Looks really good btw

BrandonATX 01-24-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blown SS/T (Post 964641)
You painted the plastic trim around the wheel wells? And is your grill painted over a chrome or is that from the altitude edition?

I have a 12' and want to get all the plastic trims painted as well. Wondering what you paid for the work.

Looks really good btw

I actually bought the paintable wheel flares from justforjeeps and had them painted.

Mine is the altitude edition so that's the grille that came on it.

My body shop is charging me $500 to sand down the plastic rocker panels and the rear bumper and paint them.

They are charging me 200-300 to paint and install the new front bumper depending how much they have to mess with it/adjust it.

Hope that helps.

I think that the 2014 overland has paintable rocker panels and rear bumper that you can buy if you don't want to sand yours down, you can just replace them.
I think they are interchangeable.

Blown SS/T 01-24-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandonATX (Post 964743)
I actually bought the paintable wheel flares from justforjeeps and had them painted.

Mine is the altitude edition so that's the grille that came on it.

My body shop is charging me $500 to sand down the plastic rocker panels and the rear bumper and paint them.

They are charging me 200-300 to paint and install the new front bumper depending how much they have to mess with it/adjust it.

Hope that helps.

I think that the 2014 overland has paintable rocker panels and rear bumper that you can buy if you don't want to sand yours down, you can just replace them.
I think they are interchangeable.

By paintable you mean they're smooth? Because the one's i have look to be paintable just gonna need some sanding n good prep.
One shop quoted me at 1k to do all the plastics all around. I think the 14 altitude or one of the special edition GC's have flares like the SRT-8, that would e another cool option

oneandonly5680 01-24-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRT ROB (Post 963180)

Rob do you have pics of painted installed valance? I am highly interested in this.

Thanks