Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Just frustrated (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/just-frustrated-70686.html)

DavidB 01-21-2014 07:19 PM

Just frustrated

I haven't posted on the forum in quite some time for just a simple reason that I am so disappointed in the GC that I purchased back in October 2010. I really didn't want to post this and put a damper on other excited people that wanted to get a GC, but I am looking for some advice. The chain of events to start with should have been a wake up call for me to just cancel the order in the first place but I truly loved the styling of the suv and was as anybody would be excited to own my first jeep.
This vehicle was ordered the end of June 2010, the same day all Michigan dealers picked up there demo model. Due to many production delays and issues we didn't receive the jeep until 10/5/2010. The day of delivery the prep guy broke the review mirror off, bad sign. The very next day we took it to Wisconsin for a weekend getaway. The next morning after we got home a puddle of antifreeze is under the jeep. Flat bedded to the dealership and found out no clamps on one of the heater hoses. Im sure your getting the idea. These are just things that shouldn't happen. Within the next few years I have had two 20inch wheels replaced due to rust. A water pump replaced, A sensor that controls the economy mode in the engine, A battery that went dead after sitting for a week. A Sirius radio that is constantly updating channels and now I have a tranny that chatters when shifting between gears and yet the service department cant seem to figure it out, and yet now another battery that is totally dead and I have been waiting for 8 days to get another new one.
What would any of you do? It takes a lot to get me upset, as we all know its just a machine and machines do breakdown but lets be reasonable. From what I gather most all GC have been a great purchase but my just has a dark cloud hanging over it and me. BTW I have had it in two different certified Jeep dealership garages too.
How should I proceed with Chrysler?
Thanks!!

jacko15 01-21-2014 09:29 PM

Re: Just frustrated

This is just me, but I'd get the repairs done, clean it up, and trade it in. I went through a very similar experience with a Ford Bronco back in the early 80's, and that's what I did.

DavidB 01-21-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 963357)
This is just me, but I'd get the repairs done, clean it up, and trade it in. I went through a very similar experience with a Ford Bronco back in the early 80's, and that's what I did.

That's kinda what I was thinking, I just wish there was a way Chrysler could have some accountability for the issues instead of just handing it over to someone else, Know what I mean.

jacko15 01-21-2014 09:47 PM

I do know what you mean. That's why I traded the Bronco instead of selling it outright. I couldn't just unload it on some poor buyer, even if it meant more money in my pocket. Accountability is something in short supply everywhere these days. Sad but true.

bill_de 01-21-2014 10:02 PM

I agree with Jacko on this. Making Jeep accountable might make you feel a little better. Being rid of a headache will make you feel a lot better.

--

DavidB 01-21-2014 10:08 PM

Thanks Bill & Jacko. I appreciate the input. It sounds like the three of us are on the same page. The worst part of it is I really like the look of the GC but with the issues I'm not so sure Id do another one after all of this.

StaticFX 01-21-2014 10:19 PM

wait.. you bought this in 2010... and now are mad about it? if its out of warranty.. clean it up and trade it in. oh and DONT GET A 2014 GC!!

jacko15 01-21-2014 10:29 PM

Just to add a little "fair and balanced", I'm lovin' my '14 GC. 10 months now, and haven't been back to the dealer yet. I will get there soon for some software updates, but I really don't have any complaints.

DavidB 01-22-2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 963397)
Just to add a little "fair and balanced", I'm lovin' my '14 GC. 10 months now, and haven't been back to the dealer yet. I will get there soon for some software updates, but I really don't have any complaints.

I think you re the majority. From what I understand I just have one of those flukes that seem to happen and it was just my luck to get one this time.

StaticFX, you make it sound so easy.

bill_de 01-22-2014 10:01 AM

Unlike Jacko my March build Overland has been back to the dealer a few times. All issues resolved while I waited. It has been some time since I have had to go back.

At this point, "FROM MY EXPERIENCE", I would not hesitate to recommend the 2014 as a vehicle to at least consider.

---

StaticFX 01-22-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidB (Post 963595)
I think you re the majority. From what I understand I just have one of those flukes that seem to happen and it was just my luck to get one this time.

StaticFX, you make it sound so easy.

trade in is super easy :) lol

Let me say a few things about the 2014 gc.. its been "fine" it has not broken down, it gets me there, stuff "works" for the most part. I am just saying, that of ALL the new vehicles i have ever bought, this has by FAR had the most issues. by a LOOONG shot too. Almost every other vehicle I have owned (including a few jeeps) has only been to the dealer for the free oil changes lol.

Just my opinion !

DavidB 01-22-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 963646)
trade in is super easy :) lol

Let me say a few things about the 2014 gc.. its been "fine" it has not broken down, it gets me there, stuff "works" for the most part. I am just saying, that of ALL the new vehicles i have ever bought, this has by FAR had the most issues. by a LOOONG shot too. Almost every other vehicle I have owned (including a few jeeps) has only been to the dealer for the free oil changes lol.

Just my opinion !

I completely agree with you. I like the styling and the features of the GC but by far it has been the one vehicle of mine that has seen the flat bed the most.