Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Uconnect Access renewal (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/uconnect-access-renewal-70712.html)

scottj63 01-22-2014 09:36 AM

Uconnect Access renewal

Anyone have any experience renewing the Uconnect access on their 2014 Grand Cherokee? It was somewhat annoying to get the renewal reminder when all the promised apps (pandora etc.) only released in December and I have had to update the radio software four or five times in the last year. They want a $20 monthly charge and they don't even have an annual payment renewal option. Makes it more difficult when it is a company car.

When i talked to their customer service, they seemed rather indifferent about whether they retained a customer or not.

siegs7 01-22-2014 09:54 AM

Re: Uconnect Access renewal

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottj63 (Post 963617)
Anyone have any experience renewing the Uconnect access on their 2014 Grand Cherokee? It was somewhat annoying to get the renewal reminder when all the promised apps (pandora etc.) only released in December and I have had to update the radio software four or five times in the last year. They want a $20 monthly charge and they don't even have an annual payment renewal option. Makes it more difficult when it is a company car.

When i talked to their customer service, they seemed rather indifferent about whether they retained a customer or not.

I say NOBODY renew and maybe they'll focus on the "Customer". I had the same experience. I explained to UConnect Customer Service about the apps, but they told me I have been enjoying the remote features via the iPhone app and the other features which are available, so they were unwilling to extend my 1 year. They told me to talk to the dealer at which I purchased and maybe they could work out a deal! Wow! I ended up asking the dealer and they laughed at me...literally laughed at me. In my opinion, $20/monthly is outrageous.

GCLimited 01-22-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siegs7 (Post 963622)

In my opinion, $20/monthly is outrageous.

I totally agree...total rip-off. And so is what Chrysler wants for Wi-Fi as well.

Why would anyone in their right mind actually PAY money for Chrysler's buggy Uconnect system?

:lol:

jacko15 01-22-2014 10:42 AM

I certainly don't see $20/month value in Uconnect.

StaticFX 01-22-2014 10:50 AM

there is NO value in it?

what do they REALLY offer for $20 / month?

1) remote start/unlock etc from your phone - meh.. i can use my keyfob
2) Pandora, iHeart, etc - meh.. i can use the radio or stream any of them through BT (or USB on iPhone)
3) Assist.... now here is the biggest joke. What is this really for? It has NO real use whatsoever.
  • Check engine light on? They can make you an appointment (oooo!! the power! - No way to remote diagnose (like OnStar can).
  • You can ask them how to do something on your radio.... WOW! or you could just try pressing a few buttons and figure it out.
  • 911? I have a phone (most people do)
  • want directions? Lost? lol no such luck.. these people are just about useless.. OnStar can send directions to your vehicle or talk to you while you get unlost.
4) Voice texting? lol nope most of us know it doesnt work...
5) wifi on 3g? well i can do that with my phone....
6) Yelp? LOL i wont even go there...

thats it...This to me, should be FREE. there is nothing in this list that is worth even a penny

the only thing that should stop working at the end of the trial is the assist / 911 button. the rest should just be features of the radio. Total Joke

wsurfh 01-22-2014 12:26 PM

None of us should renew. Perhaps with no paying customers, the customer service will get better. ha

bill_de 01-22-2014 12:36 PM

uConnect Access has no real value to me, even if it worked.

---

jp467 01-22-2014 01:44 PM

I agree it has no value to me either. I would not pay anything for it. I registered it when I first got the jeep and have never used any of it.

not_too_shabby 01-22-2014 01:47 PM

Worthless to me too. Odds of locking my keys in the car are just about zero. Don't see any other benefits. Remote start works pretty well with just the keyfob.

netboy 01-22-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 963644)
6) Yelp? LOL i wont even go there...

Yelp is actually the only feature I use and it works very well. Our 2014's are delivered to us with an obsolete 2012 maps/POI package and with no promise for an upgrade. Yelp works like the best POI system, always updated and always current. It's VR is a server side one and easily recognizes names and locations (unlike the car VR that is extremely weak). Is it worth $20/mo? Absolutely not.

Specx 01-22-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 963644)
4) Voice texting? lol nope most of us know it doesnt work...

This actually works pretty well on my company dumb phone.

Rexlion 01-22-2014 07:55 PM

Does the UConnect free trial come standard on all GC's, or is it only a part of the 8.4A or 8.4AN, or what? I've been looking at GC Limiteds and it seems like almost all the ones on dealer lots around here have the optional UConnect 8.4A or AN, for about $400. I'm wondering if this option is just a waste of money.