Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Mid winter reviews (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/mid-winter-reviews-70734.html)

Btoeps74 01-22-2014 07:38 PM

Mid winter reviews

Well into winter and it seems like everyone has been getting hammered with snow. Since the GC is one of the vehicles that I'm considering buying this year, I'd like to hear some WK2 drivers input on how well the AWD systems work in the GC's. Pictures is a plus lol

scooterha 01-22-2014 07:57 PM

Re: Mid winter reviews

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Btoeps74 (Post 963913)
Well into winter and it seems like everyone has been getting hammered with snow. Since the GC is one of the vehicles that I'm considering buying this year, I'd like to hear some WK2 drivers input on how well the AWD systems work in the GC's. Pictures is a plus lol

I've had many new vehicles that have been 4x4's the WK2 has made me feel the safest.

Also, it's the most fun!

Dave in Pa 01-22-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterha (Post 963927)
I've had many new vehicles that have been 4x4's the WK2 has made me feel the safest.

Also, it's the most fun!

Yup! Like Scooter says, it is an awesome vehicle in snow especially with dedicated snow tires and I have gone PAST the limits in a lot of 4-wheel drive equipment; I am enjoying my Limited! :thumbsup: Dave

Specx 01-22-2014 09:51 PM

Stupid high pressure system keeping rain and snow out of California, so I haven't had a chance to visit the mountains and see how she handles the winter weather.

Route 66 01-22-2014 11:30 PM

I am happier with my Limited since I got new Goodyear Wrangler Adventure tires. The ride is better and the traction is better.

HeadShrinkerMD 01-22-2014 11:34 PM

My 2014 has been handling the Colorado winter like a champ. I go up to the mountains weekly and haven't had any issues whatsoever. Just using the stock all-season tires currently.

Need to be gentle with the brakes.

JeepGCOverland 01-22-2014 11:42 PM

I have a 2014 JGC Overland with the 20" wheels, stock Forteras, and Quadra-Drive II. The snow performance has been absolutely fantastic. It is much, much better than even my 4WD Lexus GX 460. I can't get it to slide unless I fully lock up the brakes on ice, and even then I am still in control. I drove to the mountains of WV for a day (first and last time skiing out east, it was not nearly as good as Deer Valley in UT :lol:) where the roads were covered in snow and ice and had steep grades, and the Jeep didn't bat an eye. We also got some snow in Northern VA yesterday and the Jeep has been cruising through that, even before the roads were plowed. The JGC has got to be one of, if not the best snow vehicles (stock).

GCLimited 01-23-2014 08:57 AM

I have a 2014 GC Limited with the 20" wheels & stock Forteras, and so far it has been excellent in our very cold & snowy winter weather up here in Mass.

:thumbsup:

kirk1233 01-23-2014 09:23 AM

My 2014 Limited with the 20 inch wheels and stock tires is pretty good. It doesn't seem quite as good as the 2005 Jeep GC I had, but that one had QD2 over QT2 and 17 inch AT tires...

If I had to do it over again I probably would get the Hemi for QD2 and/or the ORA2 package for the 18 inch AT tires...

2014RedHemiGC 01-23-2014 09:40 AM

Have the V8 with QD2 and OR2 - works great in the snow on or off road.

CIEGOS 01-23-2014 09:58 AM

My '11 V8 with QDII and 18" w/ Silent Armors perform great in the snow and ice. The tire makes all the difference. The stock fortera's are so-so in the snow. The silent armors are great, I can only imagine what a set of winter tires are like. Sorry to disappoint no pictures though. :)

lstowell 01-23-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Btoeps74 (Post 963913)

It isn't an AWD, it is a genuine 4WD.
Unless you have absolutely crap tires and drive worse than a minivan driver on the way to a Dollar store sale, you would have extreme difficulty getting it stuck when running in snow mode. Braking is very very good, but ice is ice and unless your local area allows good studs, its 4 wheel drive, not stop.