Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Heater Temp Control Glitchy- Driver's Side Only (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/heater-temp-control-glitchy-drivers-side-only-70809.html)

Crashtown 01-24-2014 01:40 PM

Heater Temp Control Glitchy- Driver's Side Only

I normally run my driver's side heat control (dual zone) on max & just adjust the blower level down to the lowest level. But when that's too hot, I'll bump the temp knob down a notch or two. Most of the time, this will cause the air to blow cold. Sometimes, I'll jog the knob around & it will blow warm air again, or sometimes on it's own. No problems when adjusting the temp up, only when adjusting down. The passenger side seems unaffected when adjusting the temp either way. Does this sound like a resistor, or blend door problem?

dr.lee.baugh 01-24-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashtown (Post 964862)
I normally run my driver's side heat control (dual zone) on max & just adjust the blower level down to the lowest level. But when that's too hot, I'll bump the temp knob down a notch or two. Most of the time, this will cause the air to blow cold. Sometimes, I'll jog the knob around & it will blow warm air again, or sometimes on it's own. No problems when adjusting the temp up, only when adjusting down. The passenger side seems unaffected when adjusting the temp either way. Does this sound like a resistor, or blend door problem?

There was a TSB related to performance of the automatic temp control system and the change in temp when you adjust the knob a little. Worth checking out.

greenwayer 01-24-2014 10:45 PM

Re: Heater Temp Control Glitchy- Driver's Side Only

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashtown (Post 964862)

Ive got the same issue keep us posted.

chey308 02-01-2014 05:13 PM

We have noticed the same thing with our 05. I noticed the other day when I started the jeep I had the knob on a temperature not the red dot. Doing this allowed me to control how warm and cold I want the heat to be. Finding this works for us for now, so we are going with it. Was also told there can be a blend door problem and mopar sells a kt for it.

ChrisWk 02-11-2014 10:52 AM

Same problem too with manual settings with temp knob control. But if I put it on auto mode and move the temp it works but only blowing out the floor vents.