Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   08 oem projectors (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/08-oem-projectors-70823.html)

ithinkfit914 01-24-2014 05:26 PM

08 oem projectors

This has probably been talked about before and I can't seem to find the answer. I have an 08 laredo X. If i wanted to put the OEM projectors on would they just be plug and play with an HID kit?? Anything else I would need, different bulbs? let me know thanks.

BlackN'Blue 01-24-2014 08:28 PM

Re: 08 oem projectors

I don't think they come plug and play for Laredo's. I also have an 08 Laredo and i recently got the projector headlights. But i had to cut off the wire harness from the stock headlights and wire it up to the new headlights because they were not plug and play. But you may be able to find a pair that have the harness you need so that they can be plug and play.

antsjeep 01-26-2014 08:13 AM

Everything is plug n play EXCEPT for the HID portion. Most guys here just buy an aftermarket HID kit and use that... thats if you buy empty housings (meaning no stock HID hardware or bulbs). If you do it this way, you wont have to cut your stock wire harness.

Madanio24 01-26-2014 01:28 PM

If you buy stock projector headlights like me all you need is an hid relay kit to provide power for the projectors. Everything else is plug and play. I have an 05 with a 08+ front end including oem projectors.

ithinkfit914 01-26-2014 09:44 PM

Yeah I was just going to get direct replacement ones I found. So all I would need is an HID kit which I was planning on getting from Xenon Depot anyway.

Madanio24 01-27-2014 06:50 PM

Direct replacement as in oem? If that's the case you won't need the hid kit.

harricanfloyd 01-30-2014 05:15 PM

Madanio, how'd that swap go?? kinda lookin to do the same thing. I am even thinking about the white/khaki interior swap too. I got all khaki interior now. I'm getting the 6 year inch, so I need to change something on my rig. I promised that I would not buy another vehicle until I got 150k on this jeep lol, I only have 97k. I've been considering this for a while now.....

Madanio24 01-30-2014 05:18 PM

Swap is very easy they are a direct bolt up to all wk models and completely plug and play except for the hid, where you need a standard hid relay. On 05-07 these headlights leave a small gap between the bottom of the light and the bumper.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-15-2014 04:11 PM

I may be selling my jeep soon so look for my parts being listed soon on here. I have oem hids that will be for sale. I dont have another set of lights so i would need your set of halogens first.

BlackN'Blue 02-15-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 976458)
I may be selling my jeep soon so look for my parts being listed soon on here. I have oem hids that will be for sale. I dont have another set of lights so i would need your set of halogens first.

If you're going back to stock i might buy the side skirts off of you.

Madanio24 02-15-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 976458)

Bro I call your seats. If you need a stock set you can have mine if you want. :)