Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/)
-   -   Buzzing after Shut Off (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/buzzing-after-shut-off-70849.html)

Skijackz 01-25-2014 01:32 PM

Buzzing after Shut Off

Hey all:

I have a brand new (45 miles) diesel Overland. Drove it home from the dealer, parked it and started to walk inside when there was a buzzing noise, pretty loud. The engine had been off for about 30-60 seconds. I'd say this happens about 70% of the time.

Anybody know if this is normal or not? I have the Off Road package and I wonder if it is Quadra Lift lowering itself.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

fnkychkn 01-25-2014 01:41 PM

Re: Buzzing after Shut Off

sure sounds like air suspension adjusting. can you see it move?

from online database:

Case Number: S1302000012
Release Date: 10/23/2013
Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
Buzzing Sound From Right Front Corner Of Vehicle Equipped With Air Suspension
Discussion:
Customers may hear an intermittent buzzing type sound coming from the right front corner of the vehicle on vehicles equipped with an air suspension system. This noise is considered normal as the compressor operates in its various modes.

Skijackz 01-25-2014 01:42 PM

I haven't looked for that but I'll watch next time.

fnkychkn 01-25-2014 01:48 PM

edited my last post to add more info.

Skijackz 01-25-2014 01:55 PM

Awesome and thanks for the info. Glad to know it's considered normal. Nothing like having a car with 45 miles on it thinking I've got to go right back to the dealer.

Where did you get that info?

UnsungChip 01-25-2014 02:31 PM

It's the air suspension. Mine does the same thing.

fnkychkn 01-25-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skijackz (Post 965369)
Awesome and thanks for the info. Glad to know it's considered normal. Nothing like having a car with 45 miles on it thinking I've got to go right back to the dealer.

Where did you get that info?

restricted access chrysler website.

Roadkill 01-25-2014 02:52 PM

I still get a smile as I hear the loud QuadraLift compressor sounds made as the vehicle transforms into Entry/Exit mode... it's just so damn cool.

My vehicle also intermittently emits another type of sound post shut down. I would describe it as a quiet, very high pitch (nearly ultrasonic) modulated tone that apparently emanates from the rear exterior.

I have always assumed it was ParkSense related, but it seems odd that this would continue after the vehicle is parked/off. I'm not concerned about it, but this seems to fit the thread.

racer-xerols 01-25-2014 05:34 PM

Mine also makes the buzzing from the QL lowering, as well as the beeping sound, kinda muted/muffled, from the passenger rear area.

The buzzing I figured out before this thread. The beeping...I dunno.

NC4stroker 01-26-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadkill (Post 965384)
My vehicle also intermittently emits another type of sound post shut down. I would describe it as a quiet, very high pitch (nearly ultrasonic) modulated tone that apparently emanates from the rear exterior.

I have always assumed it was ParkSense related, but it seems odd that this would continue after the vehicle is parked/off. I'm not concerned about it, but this seems to fit the thread.

It's the DEF system doing it's thing post shut down. First time we heard it in the garage it sounded like our alarm keypad beeping in the house.

Hammerhead 01-30-2014 04:37 PM

The Quadra-lift buzzing scares the bejeebers out of me once in a while.

Skijackz 02-03-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerhead (Post 968101)
The Quadra-lift buzzing scares the bejeebers out of me once in a while.

It definitely stops me in my tracks. Just got out of the car and was like "What's that... oh yeah."