Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   The Beast in the snow! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/the-beast-in-the-snow-70919.html)

Kman09JGC 01-26-2014 03:59 PM

The Beast in the snow!

Brother in law came down for the weekend from Detroit. Friday got a chance to drive his 2014 srt on sort of dry road. All I can say is awesome. But by the time Saturday afternoon rolled around we had about 10 inches of snow on the ground. All I can say is I am impressed how it handled in the snow. Granted its not as good in the snow as my QD2 jeep but its close enough where you would be fine in a lot of snow. Congrats to all you lucky owners of that beast of a machine. Hands down different than when I drove my buddies 2010 srt8 jeep in the snow.

Scottina06 01-26-2014 05:05 PM

Re: The Beast in the snow!

we got 3" more snow on top of frozen ice/snow and my beats never missed a beat. Didnt even put it in snow mode

SRTBLK 01-26-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman09JGC (Post 965869)
Brother in law came down for the weekend from Detroit. Friday got a chance to drive his 2014 srt on sort of dry road. All I can say is awesome. But by the time Saturday afternoon rolled around we had about 10 inches of snow on the ground. All I can say is I am impressed how it handled in the snow. Granted its not as good in the snow as my QD2 jeep but its close enough where you would be fine in a lot of snow. Congrats to all you lucky owners of that beast of a machine. Hands down different than when I drove my buddies 2010 srt8 jeep in the snow.

have driven in 5-6 inches of snow several times now and not a problem. any problems with ground clearance and 10 inches?

4jeepdiesel 01-26-2014 08:28 PM

I just made $100 in donations for pulling 2 vehicles out of the snow drifted/ditches in the middle of an absolute blizzard! Seriously, at times you couldn't see out of the windshield. YIKES!

One was a 4-door Buick Sedan and the other........

Yep. A 2011 or 12 Grand Cherokee SRT. I don't blame him though, you really couldn't see anything at times.

Kman09JGC 01-26-2014 09:44 PM

not really but the snow was light powdery and it went right through. If it was heavy wet snow might be different. All in all it handled well. Very Impressed!

hemirunner426 02-13-2014 08:59 PM

I live in northern Ontario Canada.We have had two severly cold winters.I am talking -45 c,add a little bit of wind and you have an easy -55c.The 2012 srt8 grand Cherokee starts and performs flawlessly,even in that severe cold.

I have hankook snows and it has no problem going through 30 cm of fresh snow.I must say I am impressed with the fact it has taken the severe weather without a problem.

SRTBLK 02-13-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRTBLK (Post 965983)
have driven in 5-6 inches of snow several times now and not a problem. any problems with ground clearance and 10 inches?

ok, i just answered my own question today. spent the morning trying to get it stuck in the snow. 12 inches fresh powder with 18 inch drifts in some places, didn't use a shovel once! i am a believer. proof in picture submitted to february jeep of the month.