Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Tire/wheel package (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/tire-wheel-package-70978.html)

ragoodsp 01-28-2014 11:14 AM

Tire/wheel package

I just ordered a new Tarilhawk with all of the packages, just no sunroof (I dislike them). My dealer who is great asked if i wanted the wheel package for $395, in haste I said yes. Subsequently, I have looked everywhere and have yet to find any options pertaining to wheels other than the stock wheels and Firestones that I like very much. My salesman can not explain what the up charge is for nor can his Jeep rep., they have and inquiry into Jeep now. The jeep web site does not list this code but the salesman does have the code on his order sheet. i am sorry but I do not have the order code with me now. Of course with no explanation he will not be charging me but it might be interesting to see what rolls of the truck. any help would be appreciated. thanks

clew 01-28-2014 12:26 PM

Re: Tire/wheel package

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragoodsp (Post 966831)
I just ordered a new Tarilhawk with all of the packages, just no sunroof (I dislike them). My dealer who is great asked if i wanted the wheel package for $395, in haste I said yes. Subsequently, I have looked everywhere and have yet to find any orptions pertaining to wheels other than the stock wheel and Firestones that I like very much. My salesman can not explain what the up charge is for nor can his Jeep rep., the have and inquiry into Jeep now. The jeep web site does not list this code but the salesman does have the code on his order sheet. i am sorry but I do not have the order code with me now. Of course with no explanation he will not be charging me but it might be interesting to see what rolls of the truck. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Might be the black wheels, they were supposedly late availability

ragoodsp 01-28-2014 12:41 PM

Thanks for the feedabck; that would be very cool!

ragoodsp 01-30-2014 09:19 PM

You were right Clew! Saw my salesman today and he had just gotten word from Jeep rep that the wheel upgrade is in fact for new all black wheels. There are no pictures yet. If I do not like them they will trade them out. May be very nice looking, time will tell.

clew 01-30-2014 09:34 PM

Cool. Almost all of the preproduction THs had them as well as the promo shots, so if you do some image searching you can get a pretty good idea. I'm not a big fan kinda burnt out on the black wheels thing, but am in the minority from what I can tell...I'm sure there will be no shortage of folks that would love to swap for them given the chance.

ragoodsp 01-31-2014 09:55 AM

I think I am with you to be honest; I like the stock wheels very much. Will ecide when she rolls off the truck.

ldsoles1066 02-28-2014 03:10 PM

When I ordered my TH the salesman asked if I wanted the painted wheels. After some discussion of what they were I stayed with the stock. I prefer the stock over the all black from what I have seen.

moore_time 03-04-2014 08:05 PM

I ended up going with the black wheels, even though I couldn't find a decent picture online of how they will look with the anvil paint. I hope I'm not disappointed!

ricku 03-05-2014 11:32 AM

Now don't kill me, folks.
But I'm old school......and would love to see a chrome wheel package too !

biga9999 03-06-2014 11:46 AM

My TH order should be placed this morning.

Bright white with the hood decal... and the black wheels. I think it will look sweet.

tollefson.gary@att.net 04-13-2014 07:04 PM

Ordered 2014 Jeep Limited 4x4 Dec 2013 with the following groups:
Tech.
Luxury.
Trailer Tow which has the "Full Size Spare Tire" listed.

Picked up Jeep March 2014.
Attached are the requested 18" Polished Aluminum Rims with Continental Procontact TX 225/60R18 (even though I requested Michelin Latitude Tour. The spare tire is a 17" rim with a Firestone Destination LE2 225/65R17

Here is my question - Is the spare the same total diameter as the other 4? So in other words, if I were to have to use the spare for say 200 miles, could I damage the Jeep in amy way?

Thanks,
Gary T

ragoodsp 04-14-2014 08:08 AM

Sorry for the delay getting back with my updated decision regarding my TH's black wheels! I could have gone either way in regards to stock or all black wheels but my wife (despite the upcharge!) liked the black look a lot so I did not trade them out for the stock wheels. The white witht he black looks very sharp. vehicle is super.