Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Limited's on factory hold.. !?! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/limiteds-on-factory-hold-71052.html)

scorpn 01-30-2014 12:12 PM

Limited's on factory hold.. !?!

Just got a call from my dealer about why my Limited has been in I status for 9 days. They finally found someone who would tell them that there is a production problem. ALL Limited models are on a factory inspection hold for a problem with the Power Seats. So now the wait continues with NO estimate as when the problem will be corrected or the Limited's released.
:mad: What a way to loose my $1,000 in incentives that expire tomorrow and Monday.

Jeepster910 01-30-2014 12:43 PM

Re: Limited's on factory hold.. !?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpn (Post 967929)
Just got a call from my dealer about why my Limited has been in I status for 9 days. They finally found someone who would tell them that there is a production problem. ALL Limited models are on a factory inspection hold for a problem with the Power Seats. So now the wait continues with NO estimate as when the problem will be corrected or the Limited's released.
:mad: What a way to loose my $1,000 in incentives that expire tomorrow and Monday.

I am sure they will be renewed. If not maybe you will find one on a lot and still get a better deal. Just keep looking and keep your options open.

bill_de 01-30-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Chrysler has a protection program that will maintain the incentives in effect when you placed your order. That is assuming this was ordered from the factory as a sold order.

This was posted a while back by Pat@FieldsAuto

"Price and Incentive Protection
Price Protection
Price Protection is available on sold orders to protect the customer from price increases which occur between the
vehiclehttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png order date and the KZ (invoice) date. A claim for Price Protection must meet the following criteria:
The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order which details the agreed upon selling price at the time of order and secured by a customer’s deposit with receipts at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order Confirmation Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from dealer stock orders not yet invoiced, and delivered to the original customer Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership (KZX date) Must be delivered to the customer whose name is on the factory order and subsequent factory invoice at the documented agreed upon price at time of order

Sold Order Consumer Incentive Protection
This program protection may be available when a vehicle is sold or ordered for a customer during an incentive program and that program has expired by the time the vehicle is physically delivered. This protection is available unless stated otherwise in the Official Program Rules. A claim for sold order consumer incentive protection must meet the following criteria:
The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order, during the program period, which details the agreed upon selling price, and secured by a customer’s deposit with receipts, at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order Confirmation Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from in-transit dealer stock, and delivered to the original customer Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership (known as X date) Must be delivered to the customer for whom the order was placed and at the originally agreed upon price at the time of order All consumer incentives must be documented as being passed on to the customer on the buyer’s order as described in the Required Incentive Disclosure/Documentation Section If the vehicle is delivered after the end date of the eligible program, the customer will have the choice of either the consumer programs available at the time of customer order or consumer programs at the time of vehicle delivery, but not both The qualification date is the date the dealership and customer agree on the purchase or lease of a vehicle. The purchase/lease terms, conditions, and price of the vehicle must be clearly documented via a completed signed buyer’s order and proof of deposit/payment on the date of sale. This date can override the delivery date for incentive payment. This date protects the customer and/or dealership for any eligible incentives available at the time of sale (excluding
objective-based and stair step programs). Qualification Date is also known as Sale Date Incentive Protection claims are made by entering the Program ID and Qualification Date"

---

SassyBlonde 01-30-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

So....Wonder if this is why DesertHiker and my TH has been held up in inspection since 1/22 as well. Hmmmmmmmm.

scorpn 01-30-2014 02:13 PM

Not sure about other orders. There have been shipments on Limited models built on the 20th 23rd and the 27th. Maybe it has something to do with the Luxury, Comfort Convenience Group??

Blinker Fluid 01-30-2014 03:17 PM

Sometimes QA finds an issue either on your vehicle, on a batch of parts that contributed to your vehicle, or on a vehicle near to your vehicle. All of those are reasons vehicles get held. Sometimes they are true find and fix issues, sometimes they are check and verify issues.

Milous 01-30-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

ALL Limited models are on a factory inspection hold for a problem with the Power Seats. So now the wait continues with NO estimate as when the problem will be corrected or the Limited's released.

Not aware of any power seats issues... yours should be released soon.

Richard in Idaho 01-30-2014 10:46 PM

My Limited went "I" at 12:03 CST today.
It is now "in bay" ... Toledo Ottawa South.

The delivery date moved up from 2/10 to 2/8.

gckemm 02-02-2014 09:45 AM

Hey Guys.

First time poster and Jeep owner.

My Limited has been in Final Inspection for 3 days now.

I was to ship on the 30th and still in the same state.

I am in the VOTS system only so I do not know exact status.

Thanks

G

SassyBlonde 02-02-2014 10:04 AM

My TH was in final inspection for a week. I wouldn't be too concerned. From what I can tell, they don't meet the "expected delivery" date too often. I'm just glad I'm not in the 12 week plus group.

scorpn 02-02-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SassyBlonde (Post 969343)
My TH was in final inspection for a week. I wouldn't be too concerned. From what I can tell, they don't meet the "expected delivery" date too often. I'm just glad I'm not in the 12 week plus group.

Looks like I will be in that 12 week plus group of Jeeps.;)
Not overly concerned about the Jeep's quality just the length of time it is taking to clear final inspection. Beginning to Wonder if the last three of the VIN (200) have anything to do with the length of time. It's only been 12 days so far, way less than the original inspection wait times of 45 plus days. It is just disconcerting to see all the Jeeps that have been released and shipped that where built after mine.
My other concern was that my $1,000 incentives ran out on 1/31/14, but the dealer has assured me that they will be honored. Now to just sit back and wait patiently :D (not going to happen!!).
My estimated delivery date is still 1/31/14!! Guess they are going to use the transporter and time machine on this one!!!

Richard in Idaho 02-02-2014 05:27 PM

My Limited is still "I" on VOTS. It is "KZ" here on MOTS.