Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/)
-   -   Opticoat 2.0 + Optiguard interior (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/opticoat-2-0-optiguard-interior-71083.html)

WK2GC 01-31-2014 05:36 AM

Opticoat 2.0 + Optiguard interior

3 Attachment(s)
Hi, just bought a 2014 GC Limited in Max Steel. I looked high and low for paint and interior protection, and settled on the above. I'm pretty busy, with no time to really do much more than hose off my car occasionally, so wanted to find something that would be super low maintenance.

I got a mobile detailer to come and do it. Took about 10 hours in total. It's amazing how dirty a brand new car can be. The amount of muck he clayed off was amazing. He did say because it's a permanent ceramic coating, the paint has to be absolutely pristine. Any contaminants will otherwise get trapped under the permanent coating.

I got the exterior including all headlamps and rims done. From reading other threads, this will hopefully reduce the UV yellowing effect on the headlights as well as brake dust clinging to rims. He also put 3M protection film under the door handles, as usually the paint gets scratched to death there from jewelry, etc. Interesting that Jeep put the same 3M film just in front of the rear wheel arches at the bottom of the paintwork.

Maintenance is meant to be as easy as washing it off now and then. For best results though, they recommend a neutral shampoo. Optimum also make an instand detailer/gloss enhancer that gives the paintwork a real "pop".

WK2GC 01-31-2014 05:38 AM

Re: Opticoat 2.0 + Optiguard interior

2 Attachment(s)
The interior was all opti-guarded, although it's hard to tell the difference from looking at it. I truly hate getting suncreen on black leather/vinyl, so this will hopefully help protect against it. I have seen videos of optiguarded leather vs non optiguarded on youtube and it seems to repel liquid stains very well.

Both are meant to be permanent coatings, but I guess time will tell.
Opticoat is a minimum 5 years warranty by my detailer but a lifetime warranty if given an annual inspection by him.
Optiguard I think is 2 years?

Will update with long-term results over time.

jshillin 02-01-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WK2GC (Post 968346)
The interior was all opti-guarded, although it's hard to tell the difference from looking at it. I truly hate getting suncreen on black leather/vinyl, so this will hopefully help protect against it. I have seen videos of optiguarded leather vs non optiguarded on youtube and it seems to repel liquid stains very well.

Both are meant to be permanent coatings, but I guess time will tell.
Opticoat is a minimum 5 years warranty by my detailer but a lifetime warranty if given an annual inspection by him.
Optiguard I think is 2 years?

Will update with long-term results over time.

Opticoat is good stuff. I just gave my '14 Durango the new car detail a couple weeks ago and finished with a layer of Opticoat. Until someone sees the amount of contaminates in new car paint they rarely believe it.

Realistic Detailer 02-06-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshillin (Post 969181)
Opticoat is good stuff. I just gave my '14 Durango the new car detail a couple weeks ago and finished with a layer of Opticoat. Until someone sees the amount of contaminates in new car paint they rarely believe it.

How true, now consider all those contaminates sitting on top of a wax layer on a hot day. Does anyone here see a problem ? I do, let me explain.When this layer of wax begins to look bad what normally happens?Correction. With Opti Coat those contaminates wash right off doing no damage, and no correction needed.