Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   QL Normal Ride Height vs Non-QL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/ql-normal-ride-height-vs-non-ql-71086.html)

AquaForester 01-31-2014 08:27 AM

QL Normal Ride Height vs Non-QL

I've seen conflicting information about this. Is Normal Ride Height in a QL equipped the same as a non-QL jeep assuming everything else identical? I've seen information saying one was higher than the other.

bill_de 01-31-2014 08:40 AM

Re: QL Normal Ride Height vs Non-QL

Before buying my '14 I looked all over the place. At that time even various spec sources from Jeep were conflicted. The biggest difference I found was 1/2". So I bought my Overland with QL and forgot about ... until you had to mention it. :lol:

I will be checking back to see if anybody comes up with a definitive answer ... just out of curiosity.

---

Peter_K 01-31-2014 09:30 AM

I've seen them vary a bit. It can also be adjusted a bit by the dealer if necessary.

Setoutguy 01-31-2014 09:51 AM

2012 Brochure lists ground clearance for standard suspensions as 8.1" and in Off Road 2 mode for the air suspension as 10.7". Water fording depth standard suspension 20.0" and with Off Road 2 22.6"

Rexlion 01-31-2014 09:14 PM

The OP asked about normal ride height, not offroad mode height.

I don't know the answer for sure, but since QL at highway speed drops 1/2" into aero mode, if you do a lot of highway driving I think the QL would be lower than the non-QL in practical use.

I wonder if even Jeep knows for sure? They seem confused. For example, on their website when you look at the QL info, it says OR2 goes to 10.8". But when you click on the "watch it in action" video, that says it goes to 11.3". :rolleyes:

bill_de 01-31-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexlion (Post 968707)

Are you trying to say that the answer should be related to the question? :eek:

--- :lol:

AquaForester 02-01-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexlion (Post 968707)

I don't know the answer for sure, but since QL at highway speed drops 1/2" into aero mode, if you do a lot of highway driving I think the QL would be lower than the non-QL in practical use.

I wonder if even Jeep knows for sure? They seem confused. For example, on their website when you look at the QL info, it says OR2 goes to 10.8". But when you click on the "watch it in action" video, that says it goes to 11.3". :rolleyes:

Great, I'll never get an answer to this one.

AquaForester 02-01-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 968709)
Are you trying to say that the answer should be related to the question? :eek:

Yes please :lol:

jacko15 02-01-2014 02:31 PM

Take a tape measure to a dealer and check the real world result.

AquaForester 02-01-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 969000)
Take a tape measure to a dealer and check the real world result.

That's not a bad idea, although I would have to have the QL one in normal drive mode. Does anyone know where on the jeep the measurement should be taken from?

jacko15 02-01-2014 04:47 PM

I suppose you could pick any spot on the body to the ground and figure the differences. Any other ideas on this? I actually think there's a thread somewhere on the forum from last year with diagrams.

AAAA 02-02-2014 01:32 PM

Jeep brochure says Grand Cherokee ground clearance is 8.6"