Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   center console questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/center-console-questions-71089.html)

awindj 01-31-2014 10:13 AM

center console questions
 
I have had my 2014 Overland for a couple of weeks now and love it.

Can anyone explain the purpose for the recess in the top of the lid in the center console? It looks like it may be for kleenex but can't get any small packages to fit there.

I also am wondering if you have ideas on what to put in the two compartments. The top seems too small for most things and the bottom is so big that you can't find anything. We are going to try using zip loc bags to organize stuff for the large compartment.

berk483 01-31-2014 11:20 AM

I was able to get a pocket pack of Kleenex in mine.

bill_de 01-31-2014 11:28 AM

Re: center console questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by awindj (Post 968447)
I have had my 2014 Overland for a couple of weeks now and love it.

Can anyone explain the purpose for the recess in the top of the lid in the center console? It looks like it may be for kleenex but can't get any small packages to fit there.

I also am wondering if you have ideas on what to put in the two compartments. The top seems too small for most things and the bottom is so big that you can't find anything. We are going to try using zip loc bags to organize stuff for the large compartment.

Find a good woman. They can fill a pocketbook twice the size of the console, and find a lipstick in there before you can blink an eye. :lol:


---

hotspur 01-31-2014 11:35 AM

Re: center console questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by berk483 (Post 968482)
I was able to get a pocket pack of Kleenex in mine.

We were able to do it, also. Maybe OP has a bigger pocket pack.

Jim_in_PA 01-31-2014 11:36 AM

Re: center console questions
 
I keep bottled water and snacks in the lower, larger bin. Notepads, pens and my trailer keys in the upper. No special "organization"...

jacko15 01-31-2014 12:38 PM

Re: center console questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by awindj (Post 968447)
I also am wondering if you have ideas on what to put in the two compartments. The top seems too small for most things and the bottom is so big that you can't find anything. We are going to try using zip loc bags to organize stuff for the large compartment.

Keep your extra cash in the top compartment. And, by the way, where do you park? :rolleyes:

TurboRush 01-31-2014 01:13 PM

Re: center console questions
 
I just toss extra change and cash in the top bin.

makris0000 01-31-2014 01:44 PM

Re: center console questions
 
In the top bin, I keep napkins, my wallet when I am driving, and my parking pass for my building. On the bottom, I have some useless small things from my old car since I needed a place to throw some old stuff. I like how it has the top and bottom bin in the center console but I wish the bottom would have an air vent or something to cool it so I can keep some water bottles in there.

Jim_in_PA 01-31-2014 03:39 PM

Re: center console questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 968513)
Keep your extra cash in the top compartment.

Huh?? What's that????? :p :o :lol:

macsesso 01-31-2014 04:39 PM

Re: center console questions
 
Upper section sunglass case,mints

Lower section 638 Starbucks Napkins -- None facing the same way

Pyro515 01-31-2014 06:35 PM

Re: center console questions
 
Awindj,

In the 2011-2013's the top compartment also had a USB port so you can keep an iPod or your phone connected to the USB port in there. I believe that was the true use of the top compartment. In the 2014's they moved the USB port to the lower front compartment so the top one in the center console don't have much use other than what others have pointed out.

Mike

bill_de 01-31-2014 06:39 PM

Re: center console questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by macsesso (Post 968590)
Upper section sunglass case,mints

Lower section 638 Starbucks Napkins -- None facing the same way

New or used?


---


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community