Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Ionic CXV Running Boards on a 2014 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/ionic-cxv-running-boards-on-a-2014-a-71116.html)

heelz 01-31-2014 08:45 PM

Ionic CXV Running Boards on a 2014

Anyone running these boards that could post a pic for me? Also anyone running the 3" tube version by Ionic?

Paullee01 02-03-2014 10:30 AM

Re: Ionic CXV Running Boards on a 2014

Quote:

Originally Posted by heelz (Post 968691)
Anyone running these boards that could post a pic for me? Also anyone running the 3" tube version by Ionic?

http://www.paullee.org/assets/images/Untitled-21.jpg
http://www.paullee.org/assets/images/Untitled-11.jpg

heelz 02-03-2014 10:37 AM

Hey man, thanks for the pics. They look really good. Are you happy with them? How easy were they to install?

I think I like that look better than the tube ones they also sale.

Paullee01 02-03-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heelz (Post 969842)
Hey man, thanks for the pics. They look really good. Are you happy with them? How easy were they to install?

I think I like that look better than the tube ones they also sale.

Very happy with them and they look like pretty close to the factory Mopar boards!!! Everyone who sees them thinks they came with the vehicle. I purchased them from Auto Customs. Online they are listed at $349.00 but were on sale for $329.00. I called them and asked if they could do better and got them for $305.00 plus tax (I'm a FL resident) Call them hopefully you'll get a little better price then $349.00. Install was pretty easy but I would suggest putting the bolt through the bracket first otherwise will be difficult to get your fingers in the space to thread it on. Here's a video on installation. I think you'll be happy with them I know I am. Keep me updated.

Ionic CXV Install - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - AutoCustoms.com - YouTube

heelz 02-03-2014 11:36 AM

Thank you. I will call and see what they will do for me on them. Yes they are listed at $349 on their site right now. I agree on the close to factory look and they give it a nice clean appearance as if they came on it. I appreciate the advice on calling as well as the link to the video.....

Paullee01 02-03-2014 11:55 AM

:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by heelz (Post 969869)
thank you. I will call and see what they will do for me on them. Yes they are listed at $349 on their site right now. I agree on the close to factory look and they give it a nice clean appearance as if they came on it. I appreciate the advice on calling as well as the link to the video.....

Not sure if you'd be interested but I also installed body side moldings to prevent door dings. They too also blend into the vehicle nicely. Anyway, glad I could help. Let me know how you make out!

jerryw1000 03-20-2014 01:38 PM

I have a question for those who have installed these Ionic CXV running boards. My Limited has what appears to be a wiring harness bolted up against the inside of the pinch weld on the passenger side and it is tight against the pinch weld where the center bracket on the passenger side mounts. Did you have to unbolt that wiring harness to get the two bolts through the pinch weld on that center passenger side bracket?

I ordered a set of these today and after hem-hawing a bit they let me have them for $300 even, no tax, free shipping. I'm in Georgia. He said it depends on how many sets they have in stock as to how much they will discount them on a given day. Don't know if that really has anything to do with it or not. Today they had 16 sets of these 123200 in stock.

Paullee01 03-20-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryw1000 (Post 994856)
I have a question for those who have installed these Ionic CXV running boards. My Limited has what appears to be a wiring harness bolted up against the inside of the pinch weld on the passenger side and it is tight against the pinch weld where the center bracket on the passenger side mounts. Did you have to unbolt that wiring harness to get the two bolts through the pinch weld on that center passenger side bracket?

I ordered a set of these today and after hem-hawing a bit they let me have them for $300 even, no tax, free shipping. I'm in Georgia. He said it depends on how many sets they have in stock as to how much they will discount them on a given day. Don't know if that really has anything to do with it or not. Today they had 16 sets of these 123200 in stock.

Yes, I think I unbolted it in two areas. It will give you enough play so you can slide the bracket bolts through the pinch weld holes. It was no big deal unbolting the harness. The complete installation is actually pretty simple.

jerryw1000 03-20-2014 04:18 PM

Thank you Paullee01. I looked for a way to give you a Thank You but I guess that is reserved for premium members.

I am not very mechanically inclined so I always worry about breaking something. I was concerned about getting by that cable harness.

Roki303 03-20-2014 08:51 PM

How much of a ground clerance are you loosing with those boards installed?

heelz 03-20-2014 09:26 PM

I do not think any really. You have 3 brackets the hang about 2 inches below the boards but its probably about the same as the exhaust in terms of clearance.....

They sure do help with that little step you need to get your butt on the seat though :)

heelz 03-20-2014 09:30 PM

You will have no problem with that line Jerry. I believe it was a 10mm nut, just take it off and you are good to go with the brackets. The only problem I had following the video was placing the brackets in the holes without the nut on it. I just could not get the nut to start doing it like the guy in the video. Instead, I threaded the nut on just a bit then put the bracket into place then tightened it down. Worked like a charm on all 6.