Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Video/Navigation/Alarms (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f165/)
-   -   Best Audio source ? BT, AUX, or USB ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f165/best-audio-source-bt-aux-or-usb-71175.html)

DarkHue 02-02-2014 04:18 AM

Best Audio source ? BT, AUX, or USB ?

Hey all,

I have been using Bluetooth to connect my phone to my car, and sometimes switch to USB (for when I need to charge my phone). Haven't tried AUX yet, but did anyone try all 3 before and notice any audible quality difference ?

Also, what's your thoughts on Surround Audio ? Do you have it turned on or off ?

Artofnoize 02-02-2014 12:19 PM

IMO, the SD card sounds best. There was a thread on this a while back and if I remember correctly the general consensus was that SD sounded best. I prefer the surround sound on, to me it sounds more spacial.

bill_de 02-02-2014 12:45 PM

Re: Best Audio source ? BT, AUX, or USB ?

Unless the source was produced in surround sound I'm not sure it makes a big difference. The sample DVD that came with my Acura had a demo of true surround sound and then had some songs that were recorded to take advantage of it.

Whether it be FM or SD I don't really notice much difference in the Jeep. But, I may not be the best judge of this.

DarkHue 02-02-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artofnoize (Post 969400)
IMO, the SD card sounds best. There was a thread on this a while back and if I remember correctly the general consensus was that SD sounded best. I prefer the surround sound on, to me it sounds more spacial.

SD Card huh ? Will try that. I would assume BT is the least due to the fact that signals are Digital .. Where AUX is Analog.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 969409)
Unless the source was produced in surround sound I'm not sure it makes a big difference.

Ahh I see, you make a valid point. What about surround mode ?

CLStech 02-05-2014 04:35 PM

I know one thing. XM is horrible!
I have not tried the SD card yet but here is my ranking below:
iPod(usb),Bluetooth, HD Radio, Regular Radio, XM

Also the Surround Sound function makes it better regardless of the source content to me.

Radknight 02-05-2014 05:01 PM

I find the SD sound is best...provided the music quality is good to start with. It has to be high bit/ sample rate. Actually that applies to all recorded music. I'm now listening over BT from my iPhone and it's coming out quite nice.

I rarely listen to radio but the other day I put on the radio and a couple stations sounded great. I was surprised after hearing so many people bag the JCG radio. Triple J and Wsfm for you Sydney people.

DarkHue 02-05-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLStech (Post 971029)
I know one thing. XM is horrible!
I have not tried the SD card yet but here is my ranking below:
iPod(usb),Bluetooth, HD Radio, Regular Radio, XM

Also the Surround Sound function makes it better regardless of the source content to me.

When you say XM you mean AUX ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radknight (Post 971048)
I find the SD sound is best...provided the music quality is good to start with. It has to be high bit/ sample rate. Actually that applies to all recorded music. I'm now listening over BT from my iPhone and it's coming out quite nice.

I rarely listen to radio but the other day I put on the radio and a couple stations sounded great. I was surprised after hearing so many people bag the JCG radio. Triple J and Wsfm for you Sydney people.

All my songs are 320kbps or above, I prefer HQ music :D
I currently play everything through BT, and through iPod USB when I'm charging my phone. Haven't tried SD or AUX yet.

Is SD really better than AUX ?

CLStech 02-05-2014 11:06 PM

I meant XM Radio. SD has to be better than AUX... Digital wins over unbalanced analog signal on that headphone jack