Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

blackfire products

5K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  joenjulie 
#1 ·
has anyone ever used the blackfire brand of polish and wax? It is kinda pricey but seems to have good reviews on it. Looking for something new for the gc and my other vehicles.

#12 · (Edited)
What is new about wax or polish? I really shake my head when i read posts like this one. It is pricey because shills fill peoples heads with this pure crap that this wax is better than the million others out there claiming the same thing.Here is a suggestion, if you want to try something new than why would you think another manufacture of wax or polish products would be any different.

Blackfire Diamond is a poly sealant, which is basically wax, and a additive called Polycharger which allows the wax to not breakdown during washing. It offers zero real protection considering most people apply a "sacrificial barrier" of wax over it which is a joke in itself.

#14 · (Edited)
What is new about wax or polish? I really shake my head when i read posts like this one. It is pricey because shills fill peoples heads with this pure crap that this wax is better than the million others out there claiming the same thing.Here is a suggestion, if you want to try something new than why would you think another manufacture of wax or polish products would be any different.

Blackfire Diamond is a poly sealant, which is basically wax, and a additive called Polycharger which allows the wax to not breakdown during washing. It offers zero real protection considering most people apply a "sacrificial barrier" of wax over it which is a joke in itself.
When you say wet diamond is basically wax, with additive, what kind of wax is it? It certainly doesn't look, smell, feel or behave like any wax I've ever used...
You say "Here's a suggestion" and then you offer nothing except to say that if we want to try something new than why would we.....on and on.
I remember last time we got into this...all you do is knock every product on the market and offer no alternatives. You are not helping anybody

#15 ·
I'm using their interior stuff only and they are great.. Also read lots of good reviews on the sealant and wax, I guess the BlackIce wax is better for dark colors

#18 ·
The product I use is not available in sizes less than a gallon, and is not sold to the retail market. Logisti Seal is a reformulation of the product I use. I worked with them back in 2005 helping them prep and apply this product to two 737 jets for testing.They did a lot real testing on this product, so I refer doubters to what I say to their website.I would contact Jim Armstrong, and see if he has any kits for retail sale.

Logisti-Seal: The only sealant proven to reduce costs

#27 ·
I seem to remember you and I commenting before when someone asked about wax, and you were jumping up and down then too...dude, relax! I know a detailer 2hrs from me that properly corrects Ferrari, Lambo, Bentley's, etc. right from the factory before the owner even gets them home because the factory swirls and halos the crap out of the paint and he uses coatings AND wax/sealers. He takes out the seats, removes the engine covers(literally unbolts it from the car on Ferrari and Lambo to get them cleaned right), pulls the wheels, etc. In fact, he came up with his own blend of wax/sealer hybrid with a company from Germany that will bond with 22PLE, and it has great durability, and amazing shine/depth/gloss...Esoteric Signature Series Wax. It wasn't meant to prevent scratches, but I enjoyed applying it to my Jeep, standing back and admiring the dripping wet looking paint knowing full well 2 months later, I was going to strip it off and try something else, before I finally applied 22PLE. Some of my cars, I have coatings on, Gtechniq Exo V2 and 22PLE, less scratch resistant than Opti-coat, but better than traditional waxes/sealants against sap, bird bombs, etc, but better shine and beading properties than original opti-coat...it's a trade off. True, glazes and the like only fill, not correct the paint, not everyone understands that. And some people say they "polished" their car when they applied wax. I tell them, no, you applied a LSP...last step product, polishing is correcting the paint. A several step polishing is the only way to correct the finish, and with the right polishes and pads, used at the right speeds. And, the clearcoat which is what is getting corrected, only has so many mils of thickness before you polish or "burn" through it. I have corrected paint, and when I applied Blackfire to the persons car, it didn't automatically induce swirls as you indicated. It was soft BMW black, so I would've noticed pretty quick.
Look, I'm actually on your side, and not here to battle it out with you, I get it, especially because some people think you go to Autozone, buy a bottle of Nu Finish and put it on 2x a year. Decent wax lasts 4 weeks give or take, sealer maybe up to 6 mos depending on care and weather exposure, real protection like coatings last years. I like trying different waxes/sealers myself and my insurance guy pays me to do his cars with different products. Daily drivers get coatings, his weekend toys/garage queens get sealer because they look wet and shiny and that's what he wants. To be honest, the best protection would be a whole car wrap, he knows it, but he wants that shiny slick feel, and tight beads of water when he washes it. Like I said before, not everyone gets it, and they never will.
Kind of like saying we should raise minimum wage to $15/hr, sounds good on paper, especially to those who don't know any better, but there's other ways of spreading/creating prosperity. CHILL PILL!
Back on topic, I like BF wet diamond, easy on/off, good protection. Midnight sun looked awesome on black as a topper to the wet diamond, but protection fell off so I would say it's not worth it. Get the wet diamond, and top it up with their poly spray sealer every couple weeks.
Or for that money, if you don't want to go with a coating, I LOVE Esoteric Signature Series Wax, look it up on Detailedimage. Gave I feel better depth/shine/gloss but 95% as slick as BFWD. A little went a long long way, don't be too sticker shocked for $125...probably 3 coats on the grand, and a couple coats on 2 other cars from 100ml. Some Zymols are over $10k.

#28 · (Edited)
To be honest, the best protection would be a whole car wrap, he knows it, but he wants that shiny slick feel, and tight beads of water when he washes it. Like I said before, not everyone gets it, and they never will.
Kind of like saying we should raise minimum wage to $15/hr, sounds good on paper, especially to those who don't know any better, but there's other ways of spreading the word
Really, some people cannot get beyond this obsession that detailing is nothing more than correcting clear coat paint for removing swirl marks to achieve the "perfect finish" which becomes harder to each time. Correction detailers love to show their before and after pictures of their work, and wait for admiration from people on forum.

Funny, how many different ways have swirl mark questions been asked for help on how to fix them,or hide them. To my knowledge no one on any forum has bothered to consider that there may be another exploitation for them besides what is spouted as fact on most detailing forums.

Really, I am talking to the people who do not know better, and not to wax zealots who want to argue with insults, and no real content besides comments like: Real pros know better. Then when questioned on where they get there facts, they scream to the moderator to have me banned.

Look, I am here to give something back to this industry, and not to win brownie points with people here. I find how strange it is to see certain people argue with me on these forums. Most who do not have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to detailing just feel a need to jump in and defend what they have heard to the point of pure stupidity.

#29 ·
weird how in the quote from my post, it didn't quote it all correctly..."ways of spreading/creating prosperity" was in my post, "ways of spreading the word" when it quoted me. huh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.