Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Wow, Superbowl Jeep/Chrysler Ad's were great (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/wow-superbowl-jeep-chrysler-ads-were-great-71210.html)

mswlogo 02-02-2014 09:12 PM

Wow, Superbowl Jeep/Chrysler Ad's were great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=mHg9XSyd8Fo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=LkC_t9S6JSo

Northland 02-02-2014 09:49 PM

The one with Dylan was superb! Better than Eminem's Chrysler commercial of a couple years ago, and that one was excellent. WTG Chrysler!

rubicontrail.net 02-03-2014 12:13 AM

Re: Wow, Superbowl Jeep/Chrysler Ad's were great

I guess maybe I am too young and just don't resonate with Dylan.

I didn't think this years ads were nearly as good as the "The Things That Make Us" and "God Made a Farmer" ads of past years. Those stirred emotions and were memorable.

The 200 looks like a nice car -- much nicer than the last generation. The Cherokee ad was decent too -- the funky looks of the vehicle are growing on me. I just wish that they had not called it a Cherokee, because it doesn't match the Cherokee's DNA. It is more of a lifestyle vehicle that I see could compete against Subaru's. The Ghibli was decent, but that ad should have focused a little more on the car as many people don't have the brand familiarity with Maserati that they do with Chrysler and Jeep.

kennzz05 02-03-2014 05:27 AM

I thought the ads were on par with the broncos performance

GCLimited 02-03-2014 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennzz05 (Post 969759)

I totally agree.

At most I chuckled at a couple of them...most were just plain dumb.

Being a die-hard Patriots fan, the best parts of last nights big game for me were seeing the Broncos get blown out, and Sherman getting knocked on his ass a couple times...and eventually leaving the game early.

Justice served.

:thumbsup:

AAAA 02-03-2014 07:58 AM

Nothing yet has beat the Bud-wei-ser frogs.

Setoutguy 02-03-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 969797)
Nothing yet has beat the Bud-wei-ser frogs.

This year's advert with the lab pup and The Clydesdales come close or beats the frogs. Beats the frogs in my opinion.

I guess Bob Dylan needs the cash and finally sold out to corporate America. Shame that all his earnings from records, his music, and concerts was just blowing the wind.

AAAA 02-03-2014 10:13 AM

Overall, the "Fish Bowl" on National Geographic Channel was better.

Re: Bob Dylan. I have been to several Dylan concerts over the years and respect him. I doubt money was the force behind the commercial. He is from MN and feels close to the people. True, few who watched the game knew who he is and the Chrysler 200 is built on an Italian frame, but just go with the flow!

Setoutguy 02-03-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 969831)

We watched the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. Havent missed one. Denver has a history of losing SBs. A good defense usually beats a good offense in SBs.

The Hallmark Channel now has a kitty bowl. We didnt watch.

And come on the Rugby 7s tournament in Vegas a week ago was more interesting than the SB. These guys are in much better shape than any NFL player and you have to be hell of lot tougher to play rugby. Back in the early 80's HOF Art Monk used to come practice with us at GMU to get in shape.

Jim_in_PA 02-03-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennzz05 (Post 969759)

I don't know about that...rumor has it the Broncos didn't show up for the game, but the commercials certainly did. :D

TurboRush 02-03-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCLimited (Post 969776)
Being a die-hard Patriots fan, the best parts of last nights big game for me were seeing the Broncos get blown out, and Sherman getting knocked on his ass a couple times...and eventually leaving the game early.

Yes Sir... not to go off topic, but I had good feeling Denver was in trouble when they only hung up 26 on our pathetic effort against them in the Championship game. :thumbsup:

Setoutguy 02-03-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 969831)

Re: Bob Dylan. I have been to several Dylan concerts over the years and respect him. I doubt money was the force behind the commercial. He is from MN and feels close to the people. True, few who watched the game knew who he is and the Chrysler 200 is built on an Italian frame, but just go with the flow!

Dylan was always Mr Anti Establishment and Mr Counter Culture back in the mid to late 60's. Along with "The Band" he represented hippies and the antiwar movement. I know folks who are mid 60's who would consider making a Chrysler commercial selling out to "the man." I guess its all about when you were born. Kind of like the Radio Shack commercial which was hysterical. I can remember my parents taking us to drive in to see "Easy Rider".