Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   2014 Jeep Overland Map Version among other things (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/2014-jeep-overland-map-version-among-other-things-71220.html)

chocco 02-03-2014 02:35 AM

2014 Jeep Overland Map Version among other things
 
Hi Folks,

After months of trying to sell our current car it has finally gone and I am about to start looking for a Overland CRD.

I will be looking for a demo first off and was wondering if some could tell me what the latest version of maps are for the GPS.

Also I know there is a website that has all the updates Uconnect, HVAC etc but for the life of me I cannot find it again.

Looking forward to joining the oil burner brigade !

PS - My first EBAY purchase is about to be Flashlogic Remote Start

SNUKE 02-03-2014 03:11 AM

Re: 2014 Jeep Overland Map Version among other things
 
All service bulletins here - Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - Grand Cherokee Service Bulletins and Recalls

Update Uconnect yourself from here - https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

Latest maps -

http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/...psa7e98820.jpg

Last time a few of us looked though cars guide the demo prices listed we not worth it, only a few hundred under a new Overland in stock. Keep that in mind.

chocco 02-03-2014 03:37 AM

Re: 2014 Jeep Overland Map Version among other things
 
Thanks Snuke.

Cheers

dazpad 02-03-2014 06:33 AM

My car is just over a week old. That is the same version that I have. The problem is they are already way out of date. The version number refers to 2012. I've got my dealer chasing up with Chrysler whether they can get hold of the 2013 maps.

chocco 02-04-2014 04:06 AM

Re: 2014 Jeep Overland Map Version among other things
 
Found this while doing more research, seems the Overland Summit has a 12,000km service interval while the other CRD's have a 10,000km service interval ???

:confused:

Compare Models - Grand Cherokee

Zillajnr 02-04-2014 05:16 AM

Re: 2014 Jeep Overland Map Version among other things
 
Yeah but i bet it is still 'or 6 months whichever comes first'.

SNUKE 02-04-2014 05:23 AM

Re: 2014 Jeep Overland Map Version among other things
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chocco (Post 970238)
Found this while doing more research, seems the Overland Summit has a 12,000km service interval while the other CRD's have a 10,000km service interval ???

:confused:

Compare Models - Grand Cherokee

That will be a typo.

chocco 02-04-2014 05:34 AM

Re: 2014 Jeep Overland Map Version among other things
 
I had a similar one of these on our last car and I see they have just released a version for the MY14 model.

A front camera is a very handy :thumbsup:

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...60444564,d.dGI

and some install instructions.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...60444564,d.dGI

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...okee%20SRT.pdf


Putting a offer in tomorrow so see how we go.

chocco 02-06-2014 01:51 AM

Re: 2014 Jeep Overland Map Version among other things
 
I bought a Jeep :w00t:

Marty K 02-13-2014 07:37 PM

Re: 2014 Jeep Overland Map Version among other things
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chocco (Post 971289)
I bought a Jeep :w00t:

G'Day Chocco, which dealer did you go through? I'll be in the market later this year. Looking for a dealer focused on post-purchase service. I guess that there still is no "capped price" servicing or 3-4 years "free" scheduled servicing for Jeep in the Melbourne area (???).

Congratulations :thumbsup:

SNUKE 02-13-2014 07:58 PM

Re: 2014 Jeep Overland Map Version among other things
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty K (Post 975486)
I guess that there still is no "capped price" servicing or 3-4 years "free" scheduled servicing for Jeep in the Melbourne area (???).

Although there is no official capped price servicing from Jeep Au, several dealers are offering a pre-pay service option.
I have pre-payed the first 3 years/6 services for $2,500, so an average of $416 per service. This is below the best service prices I had found for the entire 3 years period.
A member on here or maybe another forum got it for $2,000. Mine includes the car being picked up and delivered from/to home or work, as I live over an hour from the dealer this is a huge help.
$2,000 for all 6 services for a CRD is a fantastic price, so keep that in mind as something to discuss if they donít.

Marty K 02-13-2014 08:08 PM

Re: 2014 Jeep Overland Map Version among other things
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SNUKE (Post 975494)
Although there is no official capped price servicing from Jeep Au, several dealers are offering a pre-pay service option.
I have pre-payed the first 3 years/6 services for $2,500, so an average of $416 per service. This is below the best service prices I had found for the entire 3 years period.
A member on here or maybe another forum got it for $2,000. Mine includes the car being picked up and delivered from/to home or work, as I live over an hour from the dealer this is a huge help.
$2,000 for all 6 services for a CRD is a fantastic price, so keep that in mind as something to discuss if they donít.

Very interesting; Thankyou SNUKE.
PS: I used to own a 2000 WJ Limited (V8) and got well and truly screwed on Dealership Servicing costs until I found an independent Jeep specialist.

Thanks again :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community