Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Service update done...but still what gives? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/service-update-done-but-still-what-gives-71238.html)

NorthCountyGuy 02-03-2014 03:11 PM

Service update done...but still what gives?

Over the weekend I finally had my Jeep into service for an oil change and an update to the Nav that was on recall. The service adviser gave me a long list of things it fixed...but I haven't seen a single thing that has changed.

When I first picked up the car a year ago it read texts to me...then it stopped a few months later. I was hoping this update would fix that..but nope.

Can someone tell me how I can get the system to start reading texts to me again? Please?

:confused:

TurboRush 02-03-2014 03:37 PM

Re: Service update done...but still what gives?

Might be helpful if list the kind of phone you have as well. Sometimes its not always a function of uConnect, it could be a change as a result of an upgrade/patch to the phone itself. Can you also tell us what version of uConnect you are running? uConnect > Settings > System information (or something like that).

That said, I would start by deleting the phone pairing from uConnect and from the phone itself and then re-pair the 2.

NorthCountyGuy 02-03-2014 04:00 PM

Thanks! I have an iPhone 5s and have the latest version of Uconnect.
I will try to delete my phone and reconnect again.

Is there a setting somewhere that activates the text reading?:)

woosch 02-03-2014 04:31 PM

When we bought our 2014 I read that uConnect would read my texts (yay!) then I read the small print and there is a compatibility issue with the new uConnect software and Apple...
So until Apple and uConnect work it out, Apple users are out of luck.

NorthCountyGuy 02-03-2014 04:52 PM

It worked on my apple before...so not it doesn't ?

DKRD12 02-03-2014 08:13 PM

I think Woosch said the new Uconnect software and Apple are not compatible not the old. That could possibly be the problem and I have read on here several times to repair the phone and uconnect and this has worked. I was told by a Chrysler tech that re-pairing solves the majority of the phone and uconnect problems.

TurboRush 02-03-2014 08:28 PM

Completely forgot this... On your phone go to Settings > Bluetooth > tap the "I" next uConnect > make sure "Show Notifications" is turned on after you re pair the phone.

2014RedHemiGC 02-04-2014 12:54 PM

Reads texts just fine on my iPhone 5

padgett 02-05-2014 09:08 AM

I read texts on my wrist watch.

jacko15 02-05-2014 11:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Like This?

jwall04 02-05-2014 08:57 PM

Uconnect will read texts from my iPhone 5s but will not allow me to reply. Is this a compatibility issue with Apple?

cwmccall 02-05-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthCountyGuy (Post 969959)
Thanks! I have an iPhone 5s and have the latest version of Uconnect. I will try to delete my phone and reconnect again. Is there a setting somewhere that activates the text reading?:)

Try this: Settings Bluetooth Devices Uconnect - tap on (i)nfo and make sure "Show Notifications" is turned on CWM

Edit: sorry TurboRush. - I didn't see your post