Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Diablosport inTune - very underwhelming so far. help? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/diablosport-intune-very-underwhelming-so-far-help-71249.html)

MxRacer965 02-03-2014 08:09 PM

Diablosport inTune - very underwhelming so far. help?

So, decided to give the Diablosport inTune a shot since so many people have raved about it. I ordered it from Amazon figuring I can return it if I didn't like it...and I dare say it is probably going back to them. I would have just pulled the trigger and ordered from hemifever but I guess there are no refunds going that route and I wasn't about to spend $500 on something I couldn't return if I didn't like it.

I haven't done much other than drop in the 87 tune and try driving around. I felt no difference at all. Nothing, zip, zilch, nada. No more power, no firmer shifts, no quicker shifts, nothing. Feels completely stock. Honestly I don't care that much for more power, what I wanted was better behavior out of the transmission in the form of firmer shifts and quicker shifts. I didn't get it. And reading around it sounds like you can't adjust the firmness of the shifting? I need to go plug it back in and give it another shot, but I must say I'm pretty underwhelmed right now. I'd love to try out a hemifever tune before I send this back to Amazon, but I'm not about to potentially waste $125 on the off chance it makes something I already spent $450 on worth it.

Anybody out there get good results that they care to share before I give up and send this thing back? If I can get good results I'll probably pull the trigger on a hemifever tune, but right now I just can't justify it.

Brett 02-04-2014 07:04 AM

Re: Diablosport inTune - very underwhelming so far. help?

I guess you could risk $125 on the hemifever tune, and if you still don't like it you can return the tuner and have only lost $125. I've not tried it but feedback on the hemifever tunes is exceptional.

JeepFreak12 02-04-2014 07:13 AM

My personal experiance, custom tunes are far better than a pre-loaded tune. My custom tune on my 2010 made a huge difference with the Intune I-1000

dizz1979 02-04-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 970289)
I guess you could risk $125 on the hemifever tune, and if you still don't like it you can return the tuner and have only lost $125. I've not tried it but feedback on the hemifever tunes is exceptional.

It's not a risk with them hemifever tune it is a necessity! The diablo tune does nothing. Hemifever adjust the shift points and makes your jeep drive like it should. The increase In Performance is very noticeable.

655321 02-04-2014 09:59 AM

I was told for the 2014 there are no changes to shifting/transmission yet and that would come later. By the sound of your post you aren't very happy with your results so far, so just ask yourself if you are willing to risk 125 investment, I had made a call over to Moes performance and talked to the owner, he had convinced me over the phone and answered my questions. I decided on the hemifever option and hopefully wont be disappointed. For most its about the principle for others it might be financial , get your refund though if its starting to ruin your day. We all are here for the same reason, in the modding world you gotta pay to play. Hope it works out for you either way, good luck.

MxRacer965 02-04-2014 10:09 AM

That big of a difference with a hemifever tune huh? I drove my usual commute today and my initial reaction last night was spot on. Absolutely no difference from stock. I initially thought the surging between 35-40 at 1,100 RPM was gone at least. Nope, still there. Still has a slow 1-2 up shift at moderate acceleration from time to time as well.

I did send Sean at hemifever a PM last week. His response wasn't as concrete as what users are claiming. Hence my tentativeness to spend even more, and $125 I can't get back to boot. Right now I'm out nothing if I return.

MxRacer965 02-04-2014 10:12 AM

Mine is a 2011...sooo...ability to adjust transmission with a custom tune or not??

I have no problem spending some $ if it resolves my complaints and makes the vehicle drive better. But at this point the better part of $500 has been spent with no change. Wouldn't that bother you too?

655321 02-04-2014 11:11 AM

I would sell it and recoup what i could if I didn't see any gains, then i would spend the money on a nice dinner and a lap dance lol. the hemifever does tune the transmission for all models except on the 14' , but its coming.

Srt rob 69 02-04-2014 01:00 PM

MAn sorry to hear that. Just received mine and couldn't be more happy. Uploaded the 91 stock tune and adjusted the fans to turn on earlier and she is running like a bat outta hell! I'm waiting on the custom tune from Sean. I've had a z06 c5, 2 c6s , lightnings and many other performance vehicles and I have to say this tune deff is a champ, on my truck anyway.

Sorry to hear your not happy with it. Maybe something didn't load right?

MxRacer965 02-04-2014 01:26 PM

I can try the 91 tune that comes with it, but I really don't care to be fueling up with premium. Wife's car already has a thirst for 91, don't need another vehicle that needs it, lol. Both thirsty V8s!

Reached out to Sean, waiting for a reply. Might pull the trigger and risk the $125 before I send this back.

MxRacer965 02-04-2014 09:05 PM

Ok...so I pulled the trigger on a hemifever tune. Definitely a change with the 89 tune from the terrible canned tune I tried. So far it seems more responsive over all, but the biggest improvements I've noticed in the short errands I ran have to do with transmission behavior. I never ended up in 5th gear going 35-40 and surging like with the stock setup, my 1-2 up shift is better - before I could actually stab the throttle in the middle of the 1-2 shift and feel some nice shuddering. Couldn't do it with the hemifever tune. Also engine power was being cut excessively between 1-2 and I haven't noticed that now. I still need to try the 93 tune and get a log back to Sean...but I dare say I will be keeping the Diablosport if my first impressions are accurate.

Should have just ordered from hemifever instead of playing it safe by buying from amazon first. Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose while winning! ;-)

JeepFreak12 02-04-2014 09:14 PM

Glad it worked out for you!