Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/)
-   -   Texas Group Buy (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/texas-group-buy-71260.html)

Shannon 02-04-2014 12:21 AM

Texas Group Buy

Still getting 5.5% below invoice on Jeeps. PM if interested.

fun2drive 02-05-2014 06:57 PM

Re: Texas Group Buy

Well I am now part of the club. I picked up my SFU yesterday at River Oaks. Brainstormer was kind enough to pick me up in light rain and mist. Not the best of days to pick up your ride.
He quickly got me to River Oaks where Mark was waiting. He gave me a couple nice Jeep caps and had my ride pulled up. I quickly looked her over and checked tire pressure which is just a little off, checked fluids and was good. Given it has stopped raining momentarily I loaded up and went in to talk to Mark. All paperwork was done as he sent me the paperwork and I filled it all out before arriving. No paperwork to do and I was gone in less than 15 minutes. I did the fill up at the Shell station at the intersection of 59 and the road River Oaks is on.
Will shoot Mark the receipt and get my diesel reimbursed.

I will do my write up but I landed at IAH at 1:31, AA took 25 minutes to taxi in and Brainstormer must have driven me there in maybe 15 minutes. With Mark about the same time then gone.

9 hours and 30 minutes later which was 600 miles I was home.
Only flaw I noticed so far was the Jeep pulls right slightly. Enough so that even in the fast lane with the crown sloping left it will track slightly right. Will be calling the dealer to align. Other than that and me not being familiar with all the functions of the Jeep (look reading the 699 page manual is one thing doing it is another) it was good. Weather plain and simple sucked and sucked bad. I drove through about 5" of rain and mist the entire way with fog. I averaged 27.3 mpg based on both EVIC and hand calculations.
Pics and write up coming as I know this ride pretty well except the set up after 600 plus miles...

AWESOME RIDE...

Shannon 02-05-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun2drive (Post 971107)
Well I am now part of the club. I picked up my SFU yesterday at River Oaks. Brainstormer was kind enough to pick me up in light rain and mist. Not the best of days to pick up your ride.
He quickly got me to River Oaks where Mark was waiting. He gave me a couple nice Jeep caps and had my ride pulled up. I quickly looked her over and checked tire pressure which is just a little off, checked fluids and was good. Given it has stopped raining momentarily I loaded up and went in to talk to Mark. All paperwork was done as he sent me the paperwork and I filled it all out before arriving. No paperwork to do and I was gone in less than 15 minutes. I did the fill up at the Shell station at the intersection of 59 and the road River Oaks is on.
Will shoot Mark the receipt and get my diesel reimbursed.

I will do my write up but I landed at IAH at 1:31, AA took 25 minutes to taxi in and Brainstormer must have driven me there in maybe 15 minutes. With Mark about the same time then gone.

9 hours and 30 minutes later which was 600 miles I was home.
Only flaw I noticed so far was the Jeep pulls right slightly. Enough so that even in the fast lane with the crown sloping left it will track slightly right. Will be calling the dealer to align. Other than that and me not being familiar with all the functions of the Jeep (look reading the 699 page manual is one thing doing it is another) it was good. Weather plain and simple sucked and sucked bad. I drove through about 5" of rain and mist the entire way with fog. I averaged 27.3 mpg based on both EVIC and hand calculations.
Pics and write up coming as I know this ride pretty well except the set up after 600 plus miles...

AWESOME RIDE...

Congrats on the new ride. Lots of bells and whistles to figure out.

GunnySpook 02-06-2014 11:33 PM

Shannon, can you please send m,e the contact info for the Texas Group Buy?

Thanks!

Shannon 02-07-2014 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnySpook (Post 971756)
Shannon, can you please send m,e the contact info for the Texas Group Buy?

Thanks!

PM sent. Good luck.

GunnySpook 02-07-2014 12:52 AM

Thanks, Shannon!

hmac 02-08-2014 10:11 AM

Hi Shannon
new to the forum so unable to pm. could you please forward me the info. thanks in advance

Shannon 02-08-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmac (Post 972454)
Hi Shannon
new to the forum so unable to pm. could you please forward me the info. thanks in advance

PM sent. Good Luck.

GunnySpook 02-08-2014 11:28 AM

Shannon, got everything worked out with Mark - Wow! What a great experience (and a good deal!).

Upgraded from my previous loaded Limited to an Overland, thanks to Mark.

Thanks for the referral!

Shannon 02-08-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnySpook (Post 972491)
Shannon, got everything worked out with Mark - Wow! What a great experience (and a good deal!).

Upgraded from my previous loaded Limited to an Overland, thanks to Mark.

Thanks for the referral!

Congrats. Glad to hear you got a great deal.

fun2drive 02-08-2014 06:30 PM

Just left on Tuesday this week. Mark and I exchanged all paperwork via UPS Air and when I arrived I was gone in 15 minute or so.
Good luck...

GunnySpook 02-08-2014 06:40 PM

Wow - did you do an inspection at all? Was everything OK?