Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Radiator Coolant Leak (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/radiator-coolant-leak-71284.html)

canis 02-04-2014 06:25 PM

Radiator Coolant Leak

I love this 2014 Overland. Definitely my favorite Jeep/vehicle ever owned thus far. That said, for the record, I dropped it off today for:

The christmas tree instrument cluster recall, steering column rattle (no big deal), low power steering fluid (though there is no leak?), update the UConnect, and...a coolant leak.

Somehow, my 10-month old, 9,200 mile WK2 v6 is leaking coolant from the seams of the radiator, low on the driver's side. :confused: I'm hoping to be impressed though - the dealership had me in a rental car within 20 minutes and said I should have the jeep back tomorrow after replacing the radiator. I hope I didn't just jynx myself!

vnbWK2 11-02-2015 01:12 PM

Re: Radiator Coolant Leak

1 Attachment(s)
I know this is an old thread, but I am having the same leak on my 2014 limited.....small leak on the drivers side lower radiator dripping onto the plastic bottom cover. Did they replace the radiator to fix it? Was anything else done to fix the leak? Thank you.

vnbWK2 01-24-2016 08:45 PM

Brought it back to the dealer. Pressure test found pin hole leak along the seam. Replacing radiator this week under warranty.

f1anatic 01-25-2016 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnbWK2 (Post 1234466)
I know this is an old thread, but I am having the same leak on my 2014 limited.....small leak on the drivers side lower radiator dripping onto the plastic bottom cover. Did they replace the radiator to fix it? Was anything else done to fix the leak? Thank you.

That picture you posted cannot possibly be your coolant leak, because it was my radiator leak :-)

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-...ady-72278.html

Maybe this time dealerships actually have spare radiators. Or maybe they always had some radiators in stock just not the larger ones for the Trail Rated models. Good luck.

LoveMyFirstJeep 01-25-2016 09:59 AM

I just posted about my radiator being replaced on another thread...

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/new-a...tor-84519.html

Seems mine was leaking the same place, lower corner on the drivers side. They were able to diagnose on Thursday and by Friday 2 PM I had my Jeep back, they did not have it in stock but were able to get it quickly.

vnbWK2 01-25-2016 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1anatic (Post 1257834)

That picture you posted cannot possibly be your coolant leak, because it was my radiator leak :-)

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2014-...ady-72278.html

Maybe this time dealerships actually have spare radiators. Or maybe they always had some radiators in stock just not the larger ones for the Trail Rated models. Good luck.

Lol. I used your pic because mine is leaking exactly as shown in your pic. Sorry to hijack your pic. I had the dealership look at the leak back in November, they did a pressure test and only noticed a small leak around the upper radiator hose. So they replaced the hose and two days later the leak was back. Since we had a warm November/December the leak appeared only occasionally and very small so I put it off. Now that the weather has been very cold over the past few weeks, the leak occurs at every morning startup and getting worse. Dealer looked at it again last Friday, did another pressure test and this time found the pinhole leak at the seam. Ordered new radiator today and replacing it on Thursday. I'm hoping it will be fixed.

vnbWK2 02-01-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnbWK2 (Post 1258145)
Lol. I used your pic because mine is leaking exactly as shown in your pic. Sorry to hijack your pic. I had the dealership look at the leak back in November, they did a pressure test and only noticed a small leak around the upper radiator hose. So they replaced the hose and two days later the leak was back. Since we had a warm November/December the leak appeared only occasionally and very small so I put it off. Now that the weather has been very cold over the past few weeks, the leak occurs at every morning startup and getting worse. Dealer looked at it again last Friday, did another pressure test and this time found the pinhole leak at the seam. Ordered new radiator today and replacing it on Thursday. I'm hoping it will be fixed.

Dealership installed new radiator last Thursday. So far no more leaks:thumbsup:.

f1anatic 02-01-2016 08:33 PM

Glad it got fixed.

Hemi.bh 08-17-2016 02:42 PM

i just notice a coolant leak in the same spot under my MY2015 Limited with only 16k on the odometer , is that a common radiator problem and will it fail again ?

it's my 5th problem in this car , i like how it's drive but with all these problem i may get rid of it

dallas1 08-17-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemi.bh (Post 1316044)
i just notice a coolant leak in the same spot under my MY2015 Limited with only 16k on the odometer , is that a common radiator problem and will it fail again ?

it's my 5th problem in this car , i like how it's drive but with all these problem i may get rid of it

the aluminum to plastic radiators all leak sooner then later, talk to a radiator shop and see if there is a different type I think most radiators are made this way for weight reasons

Hemi.bh 08-21-2016 06:20 AM

Dealer replaced the water pump on warranty

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

xJoshxx 08-21-2016 09:15 AM

my 2012 SRT just had the Transcooler and Condenser replaced, they noticed dried coolant at the seem of my radiator also got it replaced.

IF i didn't have Maxcare this job would of cost me well over $3k... Go MaxCare!

From the looks of it this is a common problem on our Wk2's