Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/)
-   -   Blend Door Kit: What vendor to use? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/blend-door-kit-what-vendor-to-use-71299.html)

msd58 02-05-2014 07:58 AM

Blend Door Kit: What vendor to use?

I am about to buy a blend door kit fro my WJ Limited with AZC . There are several vendors out there: heatertreater, blenddorstore and jgcparts. Which one is most recommended?

No heat on passenger side. Codes 52 & 56

Frango100 02-05-2014 08:41 AM

Re: Blend Door Kit: What vendor to use?

Did you already check if the blend door is broken? You can access the passengers side blend door actuator when removing the glove box. Remove the actuator and rotate the shaft to see if its really broken.
If it is, you first have to decide if you want to continue with the dual heat system, or if a single heat system is sufficient.
I have no experience on this repair nor on the brands who make the repair kits, so probably some other member can tell you more.

msd58 02-05-2014 08:47 AM

The actuator for the passenger side heat for left hand drive WJ Jeep AZC is located on the firewall side of heater box and is 100% inaccessible. The drivers side accuator is the one located just inside the glove box. Seems to be working OK as is the heat to driver's side.

Frango100 02-05-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msd58 (Post 970813)
The actuator for the passenger side heat for left hand drive WJ Jeep AZC is located on the firewall side of heater box and is 100% inaccessible. The drivers side accuator is the one located just inside the glove box. Seems to be working OK as is the heat to driver's side.

Yes, you are right, my mistake.:o
So what kind of kit do you want to use? Dual zone or go to single zone?
Or are you going to do it the right way and remove the dash?

Gus9890 02-05-2014 12:24 PM

This is the best I've seen: Denlors Auto Blog Blog Archive Jeep Grand Cherokee Dual Zone Blend Door Repair. I also recommend finding and downloading the "Chrysler Instruction Sheet K6855685AB WJ Blend Door Repair Kit"

rosica 02-09-2014 08:30 AM

I just installed JGC dual zone kit, the price sounds high but the quality is there, I recommend it.

megamega 02-10-2014 12:04 AM

I used the chrysler dual zone kit and it worked great. The door which connects to the actuator behind the firewall is machined aluminum the other one is not.
For me the actuator which is behind the glovebox had broken so I could have saved myself a lot of trouble and money by going through the diagnostics test to determine that.