Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f14/)
-   -   Current pics of my Jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f14/current-pics-of-my-jeep-7130.html)

ekaz 03-03-2010 04:13 PM

Current pics of my Jeep
 
NOthing huge, just some pics from last summer by my garage
http://ekazsrt8.net/images/Jeep/IMG_0366.JPG
http://ekazsrt8.net/images/Jeep/IMG_0367.JPG
http://ekazsrt8.net/images/Jeep/IMG_0368.JPG
http://ekazsrt8.net/images/Jeep/IMG_0371.JPG
http://ekazsrt8.net/images/Jeep/IMG_0373.JPG
http://ekazsrt8.net/images/Jeep/IMG_0374.JPG
http://ekazsrt8.net/images/Jeep/IMG_0375.JPG
http://ekazsrt8.net/images/Jeep/IMG_0376.JPG
http://ekazsrt8.net/images/Jeep/IMG_0377.JPG
http://ekazsrt8.net/images/Jeep/IMG_0378.JPG
http://ekazsrt8.net/images/Jeep/IMG_0379.JPG
http://ekazsrt8.net/images/Jeep/IMG_0380.JPG
http://ekazsrt8.net/images/Jeep/IMG_0381.JPG

Matt 03-03-2010 04:16 PM

Re: Current pics of my Jeep
 
Swizzy!

QBNKID 03-03-2010 04:20 PM

Re: Current pics of my Jeep
 
Jeep is beautiful but that engine bay is awesome looking with all that CF and blue accents.
I remember when you posted those pics on the red site.

ekaz 03-03-2010 04:21 PM

Re: Current pics of my Jeep
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by QBNKID (Post 162846)
Jeep is beautiful but that engine bay is awesome looking with all that CF and blue accents.
I remember when you posted those pics on the red site.

Thanks!

Without going into detail....It's going to get much more ineresting very soon. :thumbsup:

Matt 03-03-2010 04:24 PM

Re: Current pics of my Jeep
 
Question:

How did they apply the carbon fiber (I'm assuming it's not real carbon cloth) to the hood vent area? I'd love to have mine wrapped in flat black solely for maintenance purposes.... shit gets dried out, faded too easily (especially in FL).

I'm assuming the material was laid over the piece and heat was applied (similar to the heat shrink)...?

B.P.O.D 03-03-2010 04:28 PM

Re: Current pics of my Jeep
 
that looks sweet with all that CF

BOYCHIKS 03-03-2010 04:35 PM

Re: Current pics of my Jeep
 
Love what you have done with the engine bay :thumbsup:

Looks good!

ekaz 03-03-2010 04:36 PM

Re: Current pics of my Jeep
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 162851)
Question:

How did they apply the carbon fiber (I'm assuming it's not real carbon cloth) to the hood vent area? I'd love to have mine wrapped in flat black solely for maintenance purposes.... shit gets dried out, faded too easily (especially in FL).

I'm assuming the material was laid over the piece and heat was applied (similar to the heat shrink)...?

It actually isn't a wrap. It's hydro-printing. I smoothed it out, had it painted MBP and then dipped to get the carbon pattern.
Once that was dry, it was sprayed with regular clear coat.

robpp 03-03-2010 04:37 PM

Re: Current pics of my Jeep
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 162851)
Question:

How did they apply the carbon fiber (I'm assuming it's not real carbon cloth) to the hood vent area? I'd love to have mine wrapped in flat black solely for maintenance purposes.... shit gets dried out, faded too easily (especially in FL).

I'm assuming the material was laid over the piece and heat was applied (similar to the heat shrink)...?


matt, its called hydrographics. they lay the film on top of water and dip the part into it. google it bro, its cool stuff.

i forget where you are in fla but a very cool place does it in Homestead called Patterntek. and they do have gloss black as I have seen an srt8 do lots of inside pits in piano black!

Matt 03-03-2010 04:37 PM

Re: Current pics of my Jeep
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ekaz (Post 162866)
It actually isn't a wrap. It's hydro-printing. I smoothed it out, had it painted MBP and then dipped to get the carbon pattern.
Once that was dry, it was sprayed with regular clear coat.

Oh wow! That's bad ass!

Matt 03-03-2010 04:38 PM

Re: Current pics of my Jeep
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 162867)
matt, its called hydrographics. they lay the film on top of water and dip the part into it. google it bro, its cool stuff.

i forget where you are in fla but a very cool place does it in Homestead called Patterntek. and they do have gloss black as I have seen an srt8 do lots of inside pits in piano black!

Yeah, that sounds cool as hell! I'll check it out, thanks Rob!

Scottina06 03-03-2010 04:39 PM

Re: Current pics of my Jeep
 
awesome ride bro! I love the dipped parts!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community