Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Pulled the trigger on a Limited (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/pulled-the-trigger-on-a-limited-71342.html)

chriskan 02-06-2014 10:45 AM

Pulled the trigger on a Limited

Hi all,

I've spent almost a year reading this forum gathering information on the JGC as well as the Cherokee. Jeep Garage has been invaluable, hence my becoming a premium member. Been looking at the 2014 JGC ever since my son and I did the Jeep demo at the Minneapolis Auto Show last March. Got close to buying one last spring but given some of the issues reported here, decided to wait a bit. Started looking again last month - test drove a 2014 Explorer and a 2014 Cherokee as well as the JGC. Decided that the JGC was the perfect size for what I wanted - Explorer was too big, Cherokee too small. Ordered last weekend, but on the order form it indicates that there's a restriction on the Limited package and I haven't gotten a VON yet. Are the order banks currently closed or does my dealer not have allocation? Just curious. Got a good deal (my company is a Chrysler affiliate, and they gave me my asking price for the 2003 Durango I'm trading in) so I'm not looking to jump to another dealer.

Thanks,
chriskan

"Als Ik Kan"

SnoFire 02-06-2014 11:49 AM

Re: Pulled the trigger on a Limited

Sounds like there is a hold on Limiteds so I don't think it has anything to do with your dealer. As for the affiliate program, that is a good start but people have been getting better deals than that (just an fyi). Hopefully you can get the car you want and soon!

GunnySpook 02-06-2014 12:45 PM

Seems like I recall an earlier thread mentioning a hold on Limiteds, which was denied.

Have we ever heard (definitively) whether there is or is not a hold currently on Limiteds?

lp967 02-09-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnySpook (Post 971468)
Seems like I recall an earlier thread mentioning a hold on Limiteds, which was denied.

Have we ever heard (definitively) whether there is or is not a hold currently on Limiteds?

I'm very interested in knowing this as well!

We just put in an order for a Limited EcoDiesel 4x4 on the 1st of this month and have not heard anything on it yet either.

chriskan 02-09-2014 02:28 PM

Well, I did get my VON last week, and according to MOTS, my Limited is in pre-release so I guess my order is moving forward. Now, I just get to sit back and enjoy the wait!

GCLimited 02-10-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnySpook (Post 971468)

They don't call it a "Limited" for nothing, right? As in a limited production run?

J/K

:D

GunnySpook 02-10-2014 01:15 PM

Not exactly designed to calm the 'anxieties' is it? :)

chriskan 03-20-2014 08:11 PM

Well, I picked up my Limited last night. All I can say is - WOW! It's amazing. Rides great. Handles great. The electronics are great. It was about 7 weeks from order to driving it home. Thanks Milous for tracking its journey from Detroit to Minneapolis. And thanks Marlon and everyone else at JNAP for making such a great vehicle.

chriskan
"Als Ik Kan"

dubwarren 03-20-2014 09:02 PM

Congrats and enjoy. Can we get some pics??

chriskan 03-23-2014 11:26 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple from my drive around town yesterday.

dubwarren 03-23-2014 05:20 PM

Thanks, now we know you really got one. Haha, jk.

Seriously tho, nice jeep.

Roger Ramjet 03-23-2014 05:23 PM

Sweet!