Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Scored Some Winter Wheels! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/scored-some-winter-wheels-71477.html)

Dave in Pa 02-09-2014 03:21 PM

Scored Some Winter Wheels!

I have been watching e-bay & craigslist, needed 18 inch for my Limited and liked the Mopar Black Offroad that some have gotten but $200+ a wheel for winter tires was too much. Drove 40 minutes today & picked up four 18x8 5 blade wheels that came off a 2011/2012 Grand Cherokee, 1 month of use with almost no marks for $200!! Quite excited, now just have to get some TPM's; anyone know of good pricing for the TPM's? Thanks, Dave :D

Jim_in_PA 02-09-2014 04:07 PM

Re: Scored Some Winter Wheels!

That's a really good buy, Dave! Congrats on the find.

Some folks say to check EBay for TPMS...

MuSh 02-09-2014 10:20 PM

I picked my tpms from discount tire. $60/ea. Probably not the best price out there...but I couldn't wait on shipping. They said GC sensors are on back order, so we tried some from the new Cherokee. Works like a charm. Congrats on the find. I have my 18" take offs. No way of part with them for $200 :P

kkreit01 02-10-2014 01:00 PM

Great deal. Honestly, I wouldn't even worry about TPMS on a winter set. I've done it on 2 different cars. I could live with the light for a few months vs. >$200 extra. I have several tire gauges. :)

pinetar 02-10-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkreit01 (Post 973521)
Great deal. Honestly, I wouldn't even worry about TPMS on a winter set. I've done it on 2 different cars. I could live with the light for a few months vs. >$200 extra. I have several tire gauges. :)

Or you could look on ebay and find a set of 4 for under $70. It's also a requirement to have TPMS sensors for a few states, to pass vehicle inspection.

I actually found the ones on ebay and printed out the info, showed to Discount Tire and they price matched them. Worth the effort of spending 5 minutes researching and printing to save quite a bit of money.

lstowell 02-10-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuSh (Post 973213)
I picked my tpms from discount tire. $60/ea. Probably not the best price out there...but I couldn't wait on shipping. They said GC sensors are on back order, so we tried some from the new Cherokee. Works like a charm. Congrats on the find. I have my 18" take offs. No way of part with them for $200 :P

$60 seems a bit high from Discount. I got MOPAR originals from Discount for $46/ea with a set of wheels. Denver area.

Dave in Pa 02-10-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinetar (Post 973563)
Or you could look on ebay and find a set of 4 for under $70. It's also a requirement to have TPMS sensors for a few states, to pass vehicle inspection.

I actually found the ones on ebay and printed out the info, showed to Discount Tire and they price matched them. Worth the effort of spending 5 minutes researching and printing to save quite a bit of money.

Ok Great! That gives me an idea of what I should be paying if I decide to get them which I probably will. I think finding the wheels at this price was the difficult part but I lucked out. Thanks! :thumbsup: Dave