Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   New 20" wheels for BFG KDWs (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/new-20-wheels-for-bfg-kdws-71520.html)

Dotcom 02-10-2014 03:26 PM

New 20" wheels for BFG KDWs

Hey All,

I recently won a set of brand new BF Goodrich KDWs size 295/45-20 (same as stock size). I'm interested in getting a set of 20" wheels to fit them. I'd really like to have them be black (i've never had a set of black rims before and this is a good opportunity to try them).

I searched online and found a site called factoryreproductions.com that seems 20x10 replicas from the wk for $200 a piece in black. I like the price but i am also a little bit weary about the quality since they are in fact so cheap. Does anyone know anything about these rims? Also, does anyone have any other suggestions for a good 20x10 rim?

Thanks guys

Sedat

Cage 02-10-2014 07:33 PM

Re: New 20" wheels for BFG KDWs

Heaps of guys run them. I am actually about to buy some 22's in that wheel. There is a sponsor on here called Black Ops Auto that sell them, check out his site and you can email them your query re the quality but all reports are they are decent.

Dotcom 02-10-2014 07:56 PM

Cool, hey thanks a lot for the reply!

SRTBLK 02-10-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotcom (Post 973612)
Hey All,

I recently won a set of brand new BF Goodrich KDWs size 295/45-20 (same as stock size). I'm interested in getting a set of 20" wheels to fit them. I'd really like to have them be black (i've never had a set of black rims before and this is a good opportunity to try them).

I searched online and found a site called factoryreproductions.com that seems 20x10 replicas from the wk for $200 a piece in black. I like the price but i am also a little bit weary about the quality since they are in fact so cheap. Does anyone know anything about these rims? Also, does anyone have any other suggestions for a good 20x10 rim?

Thanks guys

Sedat

you are lucky, BFG no longer making that tire and I just purchased 4 of the last 12 available. i agree with other poster and check out black ops.

5.7summit 02-10-2014 09:34 PM

Only $246 each on tirerack.com!

Dotcom 02-10-2014 10:30 PM

Quick question. Im about to pull the trigger on the gloss 20's (I thought hard about gloss or matte and ultimately from what i've seen from others the gloss is the way to go for me). What else will i need with these wheels? TPMS? Also will i need special lugs? If so, which ones and where do i buy them?

Thanks again guys

SRTgeek 02-10-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRTBLK (Post 973779)
you are lucky, BFG no longer making that tire and I just purchased 4 of the last 12 available. i agree with other poster and check out black ops.

That's because they replaced the tire with the KDW2 - I bought a set last year for my old SRT, they're amazing. I'm about to buy another set for this summer for my new SRT. :thumbsup:

SRTBLK 02-10-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5.7summit (Post 973822)
Only $246 each on tirerack.com!

take a closer look, two left (on closeout) in red! better hurry!

SRTBLK 02-10-2014 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR8 (Post 973887)
That's because they replaced the tire with the KDW2 - I bought a set last year for my old SRT, they're amazing. I'm about to buy another set for this summer for my new SRT. :thumbsup:

yes, i just bought 4 KDW2's, that means only 8 are left. i called BFG myself a couple days ago and they do not have a replacement for the KDW2 for our jeeps yet. glad to hear that they are amazing because i can't wait to put them on once snow melts...

Dotcom 02-12-2014 10:54 PM

Thanks for all the input guys. Put my order in for a set of gloss black reps yesterday. Should be getting here this weekend. I also ordered a set of black lugs but they didn't show up on my invoice. In the event they don't come, does anyone know where I can order some. Possibly somewhere on amazon. FYI I'm not looking for locks.

Thanks

Dotcom