Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Anyone regret getting a Summit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/anyone-regret-getting-a-summit-71528.html)

jaredstrauss 02-10-2014 05:40 PM

Anyone regret getting a Summit

I purchased a 2014 Summit Diesel recently. I had a 2012 Summit before. I kind of regret getting a Summit over an Overland due to the bumper and rocker panels. It looks great and all but I'm afraid to do anything with it. I think it's too nice.

14OverNY 02-10-2014 06:24 PM

re: Anyone regret getting a Summit

Well, I'm getting the Overland, but I guess, if you really wanted, we could just trade? :D

JeepGCOverland 02-10-2014 07:24 PM

What you are experiencing is the reason I bought the Overland over the Summit. I also thought the Overland looked more Jeep-like than the Summit, and that is important to me. At times I regret not going for the Summit for the Brown interior and the sound system. My guess is you would have the regrets I am experiencing if you bought an Overland, and I would have the regrets you are experiencing if I bought the Summit. There is no way to win (other than to buy both). :giveup:

crabman 02-10-2014 07:30 PM

Nah, I got it to tow my boat and for a snow vehicle so I need no real off road chops.

MKSVT 02-10-2014 07:33 PM

NO.

For an SRT maybe.

AquaForester 02-10-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaredstrauss (Post 973677)
..but I'm afraid to do anything with it. I think it's too nice.

Do you mean in terms of Off Road? I think many who have new GCs woud feel that way. I mean I think you'll be 'limited' to what kind of abuse you would put your new GC thru whether it's a Laredo up to the Summit. I mean I have a 2014 limited and once I change these 20" stock tires my off road adventures will probably be pretty tame compared to many here. I knew I should have gotten the Wrangler Rubicon. Oh forget it that cost more than my loaded Limited. :D

5.7summit 02-10-2014 08:37 PM

2013 and below the Summit was the best. 2014 & up I almost like the looks of the regular Overland better (especially the wheels)

bill_de 02-10-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaredstrauss (Post 973677)
I purchased a 2014 Summit Diesel recently. I had a 2012 Summit before. I kind of regret getting a Summit over an Overland due to the bumper and rocker panels. It looks great and all but I'm afraid to do anything with it. I think it's too nice.

Whether it's a Summit, Overland, Limited, or Laredo. whatever damage you do enjoying it will be about the same to repair. Use it like you would any other Jeep ... fancy, pantsy doesn't make it nice if it's a Jeep. ;)

---

Mashie 02-10-2014 09:44 PM

No regrets getting a Summit here. I personally like the styling and love the sound system. My only regret it not plunking down the extra $$ for the SRT!

JeepGCOverland 02-10-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5.7summit (Post 973764)
2013 and below the Summit was the best. 2014 & up I almost like the looks of the regular Overland better (especially the wheels)

Agreed. I almost wish I did buy a 2013 Overland Summit. I was very close, but bailed at the last second to wait for the 2014.

Danny K 02-10-2014 09:54 PM

I just wish i could put tow hooks on the front of my summit.

wasupdu 02-10-2014 10:02 PM

Funny you should mention choosing the Overland over the Summit as I was just thinking about this. I love my Summit, but I like the looks of the Overland's front and rear better I think.

I'm not sure what's available on the Overland as I immediately gravitated towards the Summit, but I wouldn't give up the brown interior, ACC, blind spot, front running lights and the cooled seats. The crash warning is a cool feature too. The sound in the Summit is alright, but I can't imagine it being much worse. Don't get me wrong, I really love this Jeep. I've always been a German car buyer and this really restored my faith in buying American :thumbsup: