Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   "Fastman" Ported Throttle Body (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/fastman-ported-throttle-body-7155.html)

S1LV3R_GC_SRT8 03-04-2010 05:08 AM

"Fastman" Ported Throttle Body

Dunno if I can post links the website or not, but this is definately worth at least posting to let the masses know about it...

I ordered up my "Fastman" TB after another Jeep SRT8 guy mentioned he had sent his to him (Dan, of Fastman) to be re-worked. I thought about it, went back and forth, read through his site, compared to others, and finally got in thouch with Dan, seemed very knowledgable, been doing exclusively throttle bodies for over 10 years, and for the price, I was sold. Because of some troubles on my end, I bought one of his new ones instead of sending mine in, having him port it, and send it back, little more cash, but didn't have any down-time.

Got the TB, installed it, noticed some big improvements. WOT is where it shines, but overall, it's a great mod. It's a "ported 85mm throttle body" - front side is tapered and the shaft is halved - really smooooooth airflow. Years ago I had my throttle body ported, and even to the naked eye it looked uneven, like a lop-sided circle, ever since I've been really skeptical of hand-worked TBs. So when I saw this, I was very impressed wth the worksmanship on this thing.

- - - I posted this in the general Performance Mod arena because Dan does all different types of throttle bodies. For the price, you just can't beat it, might be a little cheaper for non-6.1 guys, but not sure. Definately worth checking out though! Couldn't be happier with the TB now, and compared to others that are double or triple the price; "Fastman" FTW!

tman4024 03-04-2010 06:58 AM

Re: "Fastman" Ported Throttle Body

Great news! This is one mod I've been looking at but haven't decided if it's worth it or not!

Black Ops Auto Works 03-04-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S1LV3R_GC_SRT8 (Post 163263)
Dunno if I can post links the website or not, but this is definately worth at least posting to let the masses know about it...

I ordered up my "Fastman" TB after another Jeep SRT8 guy mentioned he had sent his to him (Dan, of Fastman) to be re-worked. I thought about it, went back and forth, read through his site, compared to others, and finally got in thouch with Dan, seemed very knowledgable, been doing exclusively throttle bodies for over 10 years, and for the price, I was sold. Because of some troubles on my end, I bought one of his new ones instead of sending mine in, having him port it, and send it back, little more cash, but didn't have any down-time.

Got the TB, installed it, noticed some big improvements. WOT is where it shines, but overall, it's a great mod. It's a "ported 85mm throttle body" - front side is tapered and the shaft is halved - really smooooooth airflow. Years ago I had my throttle body ported, and even to the naked eye it looked uneven, like a lop-sided circle, ever since I've been really skeptical of hand-worked TBs. So when I saw this, I was very impressed wth the worksmanship on this thing.

- - - I posted this in the general Performance Mod arena because Dan does all different types of throttle bodies. For the price, you just can't beat it, might be a little cheaper for non-6.1 guys, but not sure. Definately worth checking out though! Couldn't be happier with the TB now, and compared to others that are double or triple the price; "Fastman" FTW!

Now it's time to do the manifold!!!;)

BUBBADOG 03-04-2010 08:58 AM

Wheres the pictures?? this thread without pics is like a sexy hot women telling u no after 5 hours of drinks on U...I have owned 2 of dans TB and loved them both but im switching over to F&B 52x55 for my jeep now because of the supercharger and the 300CFM they out flow his..

QBNKID 03-04-2010 11:49 AM

I bought a Fastman TB for my WJ a long time ago and I was very impressed also with the craftsmanship and results. The SRT is next :).

robpp 03-04-2010 11:52 AM

I got a fastman on my 4.7 as well. Very happy with the results.

and you could put a lnk here

if anyone wants to check Dan out: http://www.thefastman.com/ThrottleBodies47.asp

jdcollins86 03-04-2010 12:07 PM

nothing for the 5.7s...i looked at the web site , but i'm also something of a tard.

robpp 03-04-2010 12:12 PM

he can port a 5.7 TB i think he just doesnt stock them.

the OP has a SRT8 6.1 and Dan helped him, the 5.7 is a very similar, if not same, TB.

Scottina06 03-04-2010 01:02 PM

yes...he can port an Jeep TB. I had one and it was a work of art....done on a CNC lathe, new blade etc.

stratssrt8 03-04-2010 01:28 PM

Anyone with any dyno #'s?I didn't see a price or a listing for 6.1.

robpp 03-04-2010 01:30 PM

send him an email. he responds rather quickly.

S1LV3R_GC_SRT8 03-05-2010 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUBBADOG (Post 163281)
Wheres the pictures?? this thread without pics is like a sexy hot women telling u no after 5 hours of drinks on U...I have owned 2 of dans TB and loved them both but im switching over to F&B 52x55 for my jeep now because of the supercharger and the 300CFM they out flow his..

Seriously...? It's like seeing pics of new valve springs...not much to it. I didn't take pics before, but next time I'm cleaning the filter on the BWoody I'll snap a pic or two. I was posting more because Dan's not a widely advertised guy and I think his work is up there with the best, so I wanted to spread the word to those who were unsure or altogether unaware. I honestly didn't think anyone would care to see it. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdcollins86 (Post 163358)
nothing for the 5.7s...i looked at the web site , but i'm also something of a tard.

Like Rob said, Dan will do pretty much any throttle body 11 years in the business he's pretty well-rounded - Dodge/Jeep and Chevy seem to be the majority of his business from what I got. He has a Dodge Dakota jet airplane, so he's got our blood. He just hasn't updated his site in like 35 years - send him an email if you want to make sure - TheFastman.com.

He's great to work with; puts up with pop quizes, gives full answers, doesn't just give you a half sentence reply and blow you off. Good guy with solid work to back it up. Two thumbs up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stratssrt8 (Post 163429)
Anyone with any dyno #'s?I didn't see a price or a listing for 6.1.

In a couple weeks I'm going in for a dyno tune, if they have a stock 6.1 TB I'll have tem do a run with and without. I don't think Dan has any numbers or he probably would have added that in one of his emails when we were talking about mine, but for all I know he might - if he doesn't respond to your email within a couple hours, he definately will by the end of the day.