Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   BEWARE of Dayton Andrews Service Department! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/beware-of-dayton-andrews-service-department-71580.html)

makris0000 02-11-2014 08:36 PM

BEWARE of Dayton Andrews Service Department!
 
Hello all,

This morning, I took my Jeep GC to Dayton Andrews in Clearwater, Florida to get a few thing fixed: N58 recall and a tire that was leaking. They did the N58 recall without a problem, but when it came to the tire, thats where this turned ugly.

They looked at the tire, and then they took out the screw and tried to plug the tire. When the plug didn't work, the service advisor came to me and told me that they cannot fix the tire and tried to force me to buy a new tire that would cost $218.xx (my tires are only 2,000 miles old). I told them I am not going to buy a new tire and to just PATCH it. They said, "ok" and then about 20 minutes later, they cam back to me and said that they do not patch tires. WHAT SERVICE STATION DOES NOT PATCH TIRES?!? I told them to just fix it and they were still trying to get me to buy another tire, which I was not about to do. Eventually, I had to put the spare tire on and go to a third party service shop to get my tire patched.

Long story short, Dayton Andrews in Clearwater Florida has a VERY BAD service department. They are just trying to make a quick buck off of anyone that goes to their service department (It is a really good thing I did not buy my Jeep from them). If anyone is in that area, DO NOT GET YOUR CHRYSLER, JEEP, or DODGE SERVICED AT DAYTON ANDREWS! Go somewhere else, even if you have to drive a little longer to get to a different dealership, it will most likely be worth it.

I did not know if there was a certain place to post stuff like this and I usually never say anything bad about a dealership UNLESS what happened was ridiculously bad. I will never be going to that dealership again to have my Jeep serviced.

Sorry for the rant but I feel like this should be passed on and people should be aware of how bad that dealerships service department is.

Dan JGC 02-11-2014 08:55 PM

Re: BEWARE of Dayton Andrews Service Department!
 
I guess it depends where the screw was located in the tire. If it is in X inches from the sidewall or in the sidewall, then I know my repair shop, dealer, etc. won't patch it for fear of a blow out.

Did you find a reputable tire place that WILL fix it? Is the dealership that desperate to sell just ONE tire?

NYCardinal 02-11-2014 09:08 PM

They might not have been messing with you, depending on where that screw was they may not be able to safely patch it. If they patched it and it blew out, they'd be the ones catching hell from you.

Roger Ramjet 02-11-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makris0000 (Post 974359)
Hello all,

This morning, I took my Jeep GC to Dayton Andrews in Clearwater, Florida to get a few thing fixed: N58 recall and a tire that was leaking. They did the N58 recall without a problem, but when it came to the tire, thats where this turned ugly.

They looked at the tire, and then they took out the screw and tried to plug the tire. When the plug didn't work, the service advisor came to me and told me that they cannot fix the tire and tried to force me to buy a new tire that would cost $218.xx (my tires are only 2,000 miles old). I told them I am not going to buy a new tire and to just PATCH it. They said, "ok" and then about 20 minutes later, they cam back to me and said that they do not patch tires. WHAT SERVICE STATION DOES NOT PATCH TIRES?!? I told them to just fix it and they were still trying to get me to buy another tire, which I was not about to do. Eventually, I had to put the spare tire on and go to a third party service shop to get my tire patched.

Long story short, Dayton Andrews in Clearwater Florida has a VERY BAD service department. They are just trying to make a quick buck off of anyone that goes to their service department (It is a really good thing I did not buy my Jeep from them). If anyone is in that area, DO NOT GET YOUR CHRYSLER, JEEP, or DODGE SERVICED AT DAYTON ANDREWS! Go somewhere else, even if you have to drive a little longer to get to a different dealership, it will most likely be worth it.

I did not know if there was a certain place to post stuff like this and I usually never say anything bad about a dealership UNLESS what happened was ridiculously bad. I will never be going to that dealership again to have my Jeep serviced.

Sorry for the rant but I feel like this should be passed on and people should be aware of how bad that dealerships service department is.

If Countryside Jeep is still there, they were pretty good to us.

LTrainGC 02-11-2014 09:27 PM

Re: BEWARE of Dayton Andrews Service Department!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjet (Post 974384)
If Countryside Jeep is still there, they were pretty good to us.

Are you talking about Fitzgerald Jeep on US19 by the mall? My family has purchased a number of vehicles from them and have always had great service.

Never been to Dayton Andrews but I've heard from other friends and family that they aren't that great.

Roger Ramjet 02-11-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTrainGC (Post 974392)

Are you talking about Fitzgerald Jeep on US19 by the mall? My family has purchased a number of vehicles from them and have always had great service.

Never been to Dayton Andrews but I've heard from other friends and family that they aren't that great.

Yes, we bought our 97 Laredo from them.

makris0000 02-11-2014 09:35 PM

Re: BEWARE of Dayton Andrews Service Department!
 
The screw was in the middle of the tire (it was on the tread in the middle, no where near the sidewall). I even told them they were trying to "pull-one-over" on me (i'm 20 years old but I know somewhat about cars, especially about tire leaks from past experiences and I know a lot about the technology in new cars). The dealership is on Gulf to Bay BLVD before Belcher RD. Fitzgerald is NOT the dealership I am talking about. I haven't been to that one but I have to find another Pinellas County dealership to go to. And I am not sure about Countryside Jeep dealership.

I mainly posted this because I wanted to warn other people about their service department. I do not know how they sell cars because they were not able to get me the lowest price on my GC but who knows, I can't say anything about that aspect of the dealership.

canis 02-12-2014 10:40 AM

Re: BEWARE of Dayton Andrews Service Department!
 
Several years ago I had a ZJ that was stolen and recovered. Insurance only wanted to pay for the cosmetic damage they did, not the check engine light or the fact they trashed the transmission. Dayton Andrews totally went to bat for me against the insurance company, even writing them a letter explaining the damage to the tranny wasn't normal wear and tear.

I'm not disagreeing with your experience, just balancing it out.

GCOverland 02-12-2014 11:41 AM

Re: BEWARE of Dayton Andrews Service Department!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by canis (Post 974634)
Several years ago I had a ZJ that was stolen and recovered. Insurance only wanted to pay for the cosmetic damage they did, not the check engine light or the fact they trashed the transmission. Dayton Andrews totally went to bat for me against the insurance company, even writing them a letter explaining the damage to the tranny wasn't normal wear and tear.

That doesn't surprise me. Keep in mind: The more they "went bat" for you, the more $$$ they could collect from the insurance, so I'd say the "for you" was "for them" as well.

Dealerships simply need to figure out when it's appropriate to go for the highest profit and when not. If they are trying to get as much as possible from an insurance to fix their customer's vehicle, that's fine. However, if they try to do the same with the customer - like in this case - they have to re-think what "customer-service" really is.:thumbsup:

Roger Ramjet 02-12-2014 12:25 PM

Re: BEWARE of Dayton Andrews Service Department!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by makris0000 (Post 974397)
Fitzgerald is NOT the dealership I am talking about. I haven't been to that one but I have to find another Pinellas County dealership to go to. And I am not sure about Countryside Jeep dealership.

We know you weren't talking about Fitzgerald, but two of us have posted in this thread that we have had good experience with them, so they should be an option for you to check out.

GCLimited 02-12-2014 01:54 PM

Re: BEWARE of Dayton Andrews Service Department!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by makris0000 (Post 974397)

I mainly posted this because I wanted to warn other people about their service department.

I don't live in Florida, but thank you for reporting stuff like this.

:thumbsup:

I wish more people on this site would report when they receive shitty service from a dealership.

2zero12wk2 02-12-2014 06:55 PM

Re: BEWARE of Dayton Andrews Service Department!
 
Looks like they tried to fix it at first.
They definitely blew it on the follow up.
Not sure why they couldn't fix a hole in the center of the tire in the first place.

The "patch guy" was probably off for the day.

Good for you for moving on to another shop.
A lot of people nowadays have no discipline . We just take it from big business. It's like they know that we are powerless .
More people need to let their wallet do the talking.
It's a lost art IMO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community