Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Consumer Reports Can't Recommend Cherokee, Calls It Half Baked (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/consumer-reports-cant-recommend-cherokee-calls-it-half-baked-71598.html)

gvsmitty19 02-12-2014 10:30 AM

Consumer Reports Can't Recommend Cherokee, Calls It Half Baked

Very surprised to see such a bad review on the 2014 Cherokee. 35,000 Cherokees sold in 3 months is not too shabby though!

'CR': Kudos for Mazda3, Cherokee 'half-baked'

macfan 02-12-2014 10:45 AM

Re: Consumer Reports Can't Recommend Cherokee, Calls It Half Baked

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvsmitty19 (Post 974631)
Very surprised to see such a bad review on the 2014 Cherokee. 35,000 Cherokees sold in 3 months is not too shabby though!

'CR': Kudos for Mazda3, Cherokee 'half-baked'

I think there is an editing error in that article. I think what they meant to say is that Consumer Reports is "half baked" with "wacky tabacky". Anyone see a pattern here? First they panned the Grand Cherokee and now the Cherokee. Consumer Reports is under the impression that if it doesn't burn Japanese rice it is no good.

Jeepster910 02-12-2014 03:44 PM

I really do not take much that CU says seriously.
They are anti American toward cars for the most part.

lstowell 02-12-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan (Post 974638)
I think there is an editing error in that article. I think what they meant to say is that Consumer Reports is "half baked" with "wacky tabacky". Anyone see a pattern here? First they panned the Grand Cherokee and now the Cherokee. Consumer Reports is under the impression that if it doesn't burn Japanese rice it is no good.

Consumer Reports has always had a somewhat negative attitude regarding pretty much every Jeep model.

Based on their prejudices, this is quite understandable, even when Jeep doesn't help them perpetuate this...

lstowell 02-12-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepster910 (Post 974765)
I really do not take much that CU says seriously.
They are anti American toward cars for the most part.

I think its more accurate to say that any vehicle not made by Cuisinart, Proctor-Silex, etc. is not going to get any kind of marks from CR.

grandriver125 02-12-2014 06:17 PM

Based on our experience that conclusion is totally unjustified. Jiggly? No way. Drives exceedingly solid. When you look at their comments they seem to have ignored all the positives they pointed out.

I dropped our subscription to CR a couple of decades back and a review of this quality is a good reason why I'll likely never renew.

GR

Btoeps74 02-12-2014 06:57 PM

I had posted this in the WK2 forum but goes to show how credible CR is.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/riddle-me-this-71073.html

NHPATRIOT 02-12-2014 08:09 PM

As usual CR is good for one thing = toilet paper. Once a rag always a rag.

kevin.graves35 02-13-2014 12:50 PM

That's funny...it was nominated for World Car of the Year. Hmmm?? I think the CR edititors are confused.

Scottina06 02-13-2014 01:00 PM

I thought it was funny most reviews I have read talk about the Cherokees great on road manners and how great the tranny is....now this...LOL

lstowell 02-13-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin.graves35 (Post 975309)
That's funny...it was nominated for World Car of the Year. Hmmm?? I think the CR edititors are confused.

They have "different priorities"

I don't recall CR being even marginally accurate about any enthusiast style product where I have had extra experience in that product.

I do admit that their ice cream reviews do resemble my own preferences, and adjusting for personal taste their detergent reviews have value. I do not recall if we agree on toilet paper other than that I would take issue with a prior poster on
CR being useful as toilet paper--much crunchier than the old Sears catalogs.

Fumbler 02-14-2014 10:57 PM

LOL - CR ....... I don't put much stock in the biased reviews they puke out. It's not just this Cherokee review either. Other CR reviews I've read are blatantly biased almost as if they were being paid to tout a particular product. CR, of course, is above all this 'take the money' nonsense. Right? If the KL were a Honda it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread.:D