Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Quick DiabloSport Predator Question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/quick-diablosport-predator-question-7164.html)

Rich 03-04-2010 03:03 PM

Quick DiabloSport Predator Question

I just ordered the U7137... :)

As I'm reading through the manual i downloaded I see this:

NOTE: When the ESP is disabled the ABS will not function and the Brake,
ESP BAS and ABS lights will stay lit on the dash.
The ESP disable also gets enabled each time the vehicle is flashed.

Please tell me you don't lose ESP/ABS when running the "canned" 93 tune.
Do you guys run this all year long?

In advance, I won't forget I have to upgrade to the latest software version.

yousmellfunnytoo 03-04-2010 03:06 PM

Re: Quick DiabloSport Predator Question

Ive been running the 93 tune all winter, and when I disable esp ( to have some fun in snow covered parking lots) no lights went on and my abs still worked...?

Not sure if thats just in there for other models too, but it isnt like that for my jeep

Robert Palmer 03-04-2010 04:23 PM

No thats a Dyno mode that's not available for use on the U7137 for the 5.7 WK's and XK's. With the LX vehicles and the SRT8 GC's, you press "dyno mode" in the menu of the Predator, ESP is FULLY disabled and that's why the ESP BAS light comes on. To essentially do the same thing on the 5.7 WK or XK, you'll have to pull the ABS pump fuse, then you'll have no ABS.

It has nothing to do with the canned tunes. It is a separate option in the available applications. :)

Rich 03-04-2010 05:14 PM

Thanks guys

Would you flash in the parking lot at work for the first time and have a fun ride home or wait until your in a garage in case something goes wrong?

Robert Palmer 03-04-2010 05:31 PM

Just do it when you get out of work.

08Hemi 03-04-2010 05:35 PM

nice Rich tell us how you like the Diablo!!

TheBackRoads 03-04-2010 11:52 PM

Please tell us your thoughts of it once it comes! I'm interested myself.

Robert Palmer 03-05-2010 12:01 AM

^Was my review not enough? :p

pjs1965 03-05-2010 08:55 AM

Just an FYI -- after you flash, the vehicle will take some time to 'adapt' completely to the change over so you'll feel a difference - yes, but not the full effect. To get the most immediate effect, you'd have to disconnect the battery BEFORE doing anything to reset the 'adapatives'. Reconnect battery, then FLASH it and you're all set.

Rich 03-05-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis Presley (Post 163952)
^Was my review not enough? :p

Was for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjs1965 (Post 164031)
Just an FYI -- after you flash, the vehicle will take some time to 'adapt' completely to the change over so you'll feel a difference - yes, but not the full effect. To get the most immediate effect, you'd have to disconnect the battery BEFORE doing anything to reset the 'adapatives'. Reconnect battery, then FLASH it and you're all set.

Great info, I will do that. So after the disconnect/reset/reconnect don't start it and flash right then? It's about 10 minutes without juice for the reset right?

Thanks

pjs1965 03-05-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 164059)
Great info, I will do that. So after the disconnect/reset/reconnect don't start it and flash right then? It's about 10 minutes without juice for the reset right?

Thanks

Yeah - even if you start it before flashing it won't hurt. The adaptives don't start learning until you drive it ;) You should nice a more 'immediate' change IMO.

Rich 03-05-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjs1965 (Post 164069)
Yeah - even if you start it before flashing it won't hurt. The adaptives don't start learning until you drive it ;) You should nice a more 'immediate' change IMO.

Yes, Instant gratification FTW