Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Cargo storage bin (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/cargo-storage-bin-71702.html)

mynameisjosh 02-14-2014 10:52 AM

Cargo storage bin

Hi,

I recently bought a FWD Latitude and noticed there was no storage bin supplied. I've seen photos of a storage area/tray that sits above where the spare tire is stored. Does anyone know if this only comes in certain trims?

Thanks

pross218 02-17-2014 06:34 AM

Re: Cargo storage bin

I asked the dealer, it only comes with the sport package of the Escape to carry wet items I guess. Would have loved it in my limited.

hudsonhawk 02-17-2014 11:54 AM

Unless you have a full size spare tire the storage tray should be there.

mynameisjosh 02-17-2014 09:08 PM

Sounds like both the latitudes and the limiteds didn't come with a cargo tray.

Does anyone else here have one?

mosier 02-17-2014 09:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If this is what you are asking about, I only show this system as being an optional Mopar accessorie, no matter what trim level you have. It's listed as such on page 25 of 31 on the brochure I have.

macfan 02-17-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mynameisjosh (Post 977676)
Sounds like both the latitudes and the limiteds didn't come with a cargo tray.

Does anyone else here have one?

I have a Cherokee Limited II, 3.2 and I have the cargo tray. All Limiteds come with it except those with the tow package because that comes with the full size spare tire. Your dealer needs to find out what happened to yours.

macfan 02-17-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosier (Post 977697)
If this is what you are asking about, I only show this system as being an optional Mopar accessorie, no matter what trim level you have. It's listed as such on page 25 of 31 on the brochure I have.

Guys, you are mixing up Grand Cherokees and Cherokees again. This thread is only about Cherokees.

mosier 02-17-2014 10:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
No confusion here, I'm just not seeing it. Not saying that the tray does/does come this way or that, juts I'm not showing it. For all I know, my brochure is already out of date. I got it pretty early. I would upload the whole thing, but it's 5.44mb, and the upload limit is 5mb. Which would have been nice as others then could peruse it and state that in fact some things come on certain trims that are not listed in it.

macfan 02-17-2014 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mosier (Post 977718)
No confusion here, I'm just not seeing it. Not saying that the tray does/does come this way or that, juts I'm not showing it. For all I know, my brochure is already out of date. I got it pretty early. I would upload the whole thing, but it's 5.44mb, and the upload limit is 5mb. Which would have been nice as others then could peruse it and state that in fact some things come on certain trims that are not listed in it.

This is from the double sided Cherokee brochure.

mosier 02-17-2014 10:37 PM

Same picture as shown in my first response. Look at the bottom center. they are the same. Odd. The first one I posted says Mopar accessory, yours I take it shows it being standard with the Limited Trim?

macfan 02-17-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosier (Post 977738)
Same picture as shown in my first response. Look at the bottom center. they are the same. Odd. The first one I posted says Mopar accessory, yours I take it shows it being standard with the Limited Trim?

It doesn't clearly say when it is standard. It just says that other stuff like the cooler, cargo mat, etc are Mopar accessories.

mosier 02-17-2014 11:13 PM

True. I know I would want it. Don't give a darn if I had to buy it. Looks really handy to have back there. I know the "trunk" that came in the back of my WK has been great to have.