Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   Caliper Color (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/caliper-color-71725.html)

fitz796 02-14-2014 10:53 PM

Caliper Color

1 Attachment(s)
Im looking to paint my calipers once the snow/road salt breaks. Looking for some color ideas that will look good with the black plasti-dip wheels and the metallic blue/grey body. Check pics in my garage and any suggestions will help. Im considering red, silver and possibly hemi orange but other ideas are welcomed.

BlackN'Blue 02-15-2014 02:28 AM

Re: Caliper Color

If you're looking for a stand out color i would say red. But IMO i like black, it's a nice clean look.

SRT ROB 02-15-2014 03:06 AM

I'd go red, it'll stand out good with black wheels.

brentwoodkris 02-18-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRT ROB (Post 976225)
I'd go red, it'll stand out good with black wheels.

+1 for the red. :thumbsup: I've often considered wasting a day or two to do a full caliper color redux, but I've never found the motivation to do it. Too little reward! :(

fitz796 02-18-2014 08:33 PM

Red was my initial idea, but watching Graveyard Carz I got the idea of possibly going with Hemi Orange.

BlackN'Blue - i agree with the black being a clean look, done it on other cars, but idk if black calipers against the black wheels is too much.

Thanks for the input guys, needed the help here in deciding

BlackN'Blue 02-18-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitz796 (Post 978239)
Red was my initial idea, but watching Graveyard Carz I got the idea of possibly going with Hemi Orange.

BlackN'Blue - i agree with the black being a clean look, done it on other cars, but idk if black calipers against the black wheels is too much.

Thanks for the input guys, needed the help here in deciding

Hey, everyone has different tastes. It's your jeep, if you like the hemi orange then go for it! I think it'll look cool. :thumbsup:

Strongjeff 02-18-2014 09:20 PM

I say red as well. My fronts are red but I need to redo them. Im thinking about painting them red and the jeep lettering be white or black.

greenwayer 02-18-2014 09:45 PM

I saw an srt once with orange calipers. Looks amazing!

Chicago_Style 02-18-2014 09:59 PM

I see quite a bit of Red.. I will be doing mine in spring but leaning towards black with black rims and getting some white MOPAR lettering to add

Strongjeff 02-18-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago_Style (Post 978294)
I see quite a bit of Red.. I will be doing mine in spring but leaning towards black with black rims and getting some white MOPAR lettering to add

that would be hot

Chicago_Style 02-18-2014 10:56 PM

I think so! Usually you can find the hi temp vinyl lettering on eBay for cheap.. Now I just need to find to time to have the car sit for a day while it dries since I'll use G2 kit. It will be a spring project for sure

Strongjeff 02-18-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago_Style (Post 978323)
I think so! Usually you can find the hi temp vinyl lettering on eBay for cheap.. Now I just need to find to time to have the car sit for a day while it dries since I'll use G2 kit. It will be a spring project for sure

Ill have to look into the G2 kits. I need to do mine again so...