Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   Finally some mods (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/finally-some-mods-71753.html)

NHWK05 02-15-2014 05:03 PM

Finally some mods

Im finally doing something to my 05 WK Limited. I am awaiting delivery of the following:

4 of 5 LT245/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires 1 already showed up remaining 4 should be here monday i hope.

Powerstop Extreme Truck and Tow front brake pads came today. Having my R1 Front rotors cut because they are still good rear brakes are Matching Drilled and Slotted R1 rotors with Centric Posi Quiet Ceramic pads. Rear are in great condition so no need to replace.

Bilstein 5100 Ride Height Adjustable Struts and matching rear shocks should be here in a week or so.

Those along with my Firestone Ride Rite in coil air bags should give me a nice 1" lift im looking for. Setting the struts at 1" they come .75" to 2.5" adjustable.

This summer i will do a fan clutch, trans lines (leaking) and spark plugs etc. Ill finish the install of my cubby hole CB radio and im hoping to do all LED 360 rear bulbs and id like to do Halos and a 20" LED light bar next to the oem tow hooks.

These mods along with my intake and exhaust will probably be it for my jeeps mods.

Ill post pics of the products/progress as i do the work.

akimball 02-15-2014 06:09 PM

Re: Finally some mods

Nice! subscribed for pics.

Strongjeff 02-15-2014 06:28 PM

nice, cant wait to see the pics bro

NHWK05 02-18-2014 09:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Tire are on, sorry for the poor pics we got 12"+ of snow today! The New Powerstop Extreme Truck and Tow pads are here and ill have my R1 drilled and slotted rotors cut at a local machine shop. Still plenty of life in them just want a fresh surface for the new pads. Hopefully my Bilstein shocks and struts will be here later this week or early next week. Then i will have to borrow my brother in laws small tractor to dig out the gravel drive way to the garage thats on the other side of the house. Ill do the shocks struts and front brakes in there after it thaws out over night.

NHWK05 02-18-2014 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Im so done with snow! As i backed down my drive way my lower valance was back dragging the snow.

NHWK05 03-02-2014 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Had a nice day with my family and bro/sis in law at our barn today. Hes got a sweet '14 JK Sahara. The wife and i have been thinking about a 4 door JK when we trade in/dies my WK. Love my new tires gotta do my front brakes still and sti waiting for my back ordered Bilstein 5100 shocks and struts.

Does anyone have a set of Hemi WK/XK front coils for cheap?

paroxysym 03-05-2014 04:31 PM

the 5100s are only adjustable to .75", 1.5" and 2". looking forward to the finished product

NHWK05 04-03-2014 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some updates, only doing Bilstein 5100 rear shock. After further investigation and some chats with Bilstein we ave concluded that the shop that said my 4600 struts were leaking are idiots. The oil residue on the shock tube is from the self lubricating piston and my 4yr old Bilstein 4600HD struts are fine. But the rear 5100 shocks are on national back order.

I finally did my front brakes but i waited so long that i had metal on metal contact. Parked it for a few days of rain and when i took the rotors off there would be no turning them to re use. I did not have time to wait for shipping so i had to buy local. I bought Centrix Premium rotors smooth. They were the best non auto parts store junk in stock locally. They seem pretty nice and have the black e coating. I used Power Stop Extreme Truck and Tow ceramic pads and so far i like them better then the posi quiet pads i removed.

This weekend im doing front and rear brakes on my wifes CRD Liberty. Power Stop Z16 ceramic pads and stock rotors. Hopefully i dont need to replace the parking brake shoes or hard ware and hopefully no unexpected surprises.

Also managed to wash it for the first time in a while.

The down side is one of my wheels is in really bad condition due to corrosion and the rust dust from the metal on metal. Im going to sand ad clear it for now. If anyone has a good 17" Ronin II wheel for cheap let me know. I know there is a really nice set of 4 in classifieds but i cant afford them. At least one nice one would be an improvement for now.

Look at how much rust is on them after two days of rain sun/monday and doing the work on tuesday. I guess as rotors get worn they rust faster.

Also, i replaced/repaired some rotted rocker panels on my brother in laws '00 F350 and he gave me a K40 Radar detector/laser jammer. Just need to re wire it and install it in my jeep.

NHWK05 04-03-2014 06:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Old rotors

NHWK05 04-03-2014 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Final product

NHWK05 04-03-2014 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These were R1 Concepts eline drilled and slotted rotors. Installed in june 2010. About 65k miles on them. Excuse the red disc brake quiet i had gone over board with it lol.