Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   speed limit hack for QL OR2 setting? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/speed-limit-hack-for-ql-or2-setting-71812.html)

racer-xerols 02-17-2014 10:14 AM

speed limit hack for QL OR2 setting?

Has anyone hacked the speed limit controls for quadralift so the Jeep will stay at OR2 height longer? I had to ram through some deep snow drifts this weekend and in order to keep moving I apparently exceeded the OR2 allowable speed...which lowered the Jeep, dragging the chassis, lifting the tires and nearly getting me stuck.

This is on a '14 Summit eco diesel. QD was in "auto" mode. I need to fire up the DVD to see if a different setting would hold OR2 longer, but I was just wondering if anyone found a way to get it to hold the highest setting until, say, 45 or 50 mph instead of just 30. I wasn't going that fast, but I know all four wheels certainly were - it was deep enough that even in OR2 snow was taller than the hood and grille, and breaking over the hood like a wave over the bow of a small boat.

Jim_in_PA 02-17-2014 10:19 AM

Re: speed limit hack for QL OR2 setting?

AFAIK, no...there is very little travel left in the suspension at that height and the center of gravity is also raised. Hence, the speed limitation.

kkreit01 02-17-2014 10:47 AM

If Diablo hasn't done it in their tuners, I doubt it can be done. I also doubt anyone would want the liability. That would be similar to disabling the TPMS system -- which no one would do. It would only take 1 fool to take a curve at 100 mph at OR2 -- and someone would do it.

racer-xerols 02-17-2014 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good points all.

I'll fire up the DVS and see if "snow" or "rock" give any more leeway for snowdrift ramming speed :)

jgrimberg1979 02-17-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer-xerols (Post 977380)
Good points all. I'll fire up the DVS and see if "snow" or "rock" give any more leeway for snowdrift ramming speed :)

Lol man I am afraid to ram through snow banks with my new summit. I got stuck in my driveway last week because we got 16" of snow and the plow created a barrier at the entrance to my driveway about 2 1/2'tall and I tried to tap my wat through with my front number because I was afraid of damaging the front bumper and sensors. Ended up getting stuck about 2 ft from where I was parked lol, it was pretty embarrassing. I took my wife's Tahoe that was parked right next to me and rammed right through it, and it was fun. I only have 2,000 miles on my summit so I have been pampering it.

racer-xerols 02-17-2014 11:14 PM

I'm at 3800 miles. I knew it was just blown/drifted snow, I'd cleared the driveway that morning and it had just filled in during the day. Nowhere near the road, no worries about chunks.

It's a Jeep. A really *nice* Jeep...but still a Jeep :)

silvermax04 03-03-2014 12:13 PM

Has anyone else noticed this, if you raise QL to the either higher setting from normal then put it in snow mode it goes back down to normal. if you are in deep snow there are times when you would want the most ground clearance of QL all the way up and snow mode. From the owners manual this is by design but my question would be why?

"Snow Mode" from manual

"If equipped with air suspension, the level will change to Normal
Ride Height (NRH) if the transfer case is in high range"

bill_de 03-03-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvermax04 (Post 985439)
Has anyone else noticed this, if you raise QL to the either higher setting from normal then put it in snow mode it goes back down to normal. if you are in deep snow there are times when you would want the most ground clearance of QL all the way up and snow mode. From the owners manual this is by design but my question would be why?

"Snow Mode" from manual

"If equipped with air suspension, the level will change to Normal
Ride Height (NRH) if the transfer case is in high range"

Yes. But for snow mode NRH is what the owners manual calls for.

I've been complaining about this with sand mode, because the owners manual says Sand Mode will raise the vehicle to OR1. I just got a email the other day from someone at Jeep telling me it should lower it, like it is.

A asked why they never told the folks who edit the owners manual, but got no reply.

That's one of the frustrating part with Jeep. They have either a system or owners manual that is wrong and never do anything about either. My dealer brought this to their attention back in April, and 2 owners manuals ago.

That and claiming that the tires they use with the offroad package are offroad tires.

I like the vehicle, but not the company. :rolleyes:

---

silvermax04 03-03-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 985448)
Yes. But for snow mode NRH is what the owners manual calls for.

I've been complaining about this with sand mode, because the owners manual says Sand Mode will raise the vehicle to OR1. I just got a email the other day from someone at Jeep telling me it should lower it, like it is.

A asked why they never told the folks who edit the owners manual, but got no reply.

That's one of the frustrating part with Jeep. They have either a system or owners manual that is wrong and never do anything about either. My dealer brought this to their attention back in April, and 2 owners manuals ago.

That and claiming that the tires they use with the offroad package are offroad tires.

I like the vehicle, but not the company. :rolleyes:

---

Bill I saw in the owners manual that it is performing as designed with normal ride height in snow mode. but my question was why? just seems strange, if you drive in deep snow you would want the extra ground clearance and the traction modifications snow mode gives you. oh well it is what it is "auto mode" in deep snow if you need extra ground clearance.

agree with you about the company a good vehicle plan and design but badly implemented by the company.

bill_de 03-03-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvermax04 (Post 985466)
Bill I saw in the owners manual that it is performing as designed with normal ride height in snow mode. but my question was why? just seems strange, if you drive in deep snow you would want the extra ground clearance and the traction modifications snow mode gives you. oh well it is what it is "auto mode" in deep snow if you need extra ground clearance.

agree with you about the company a good vehicle plan and design badly impemented

You should be able to go into snow mode and then raise it. That's what I do at the beach with sand mode.

But when you turn the Jeep off and back on it will start in auto, and when you switch to snow you will have to wait for it to lower and raise it again.

I tried hitting the up button while it was lowering, but it went all the way to off road 2.

---

silvermax04 03-03-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 985474)
You should be able to go into snow mode and then raise it. That's what I do at the beach with sand mode.

But when you turn the Jeep off and back on it will start in auto, and when you switch to snow you will have to wait for it to lower and raise it again.

I tried hitting the up button while it was lowering, but it went all the way to off road 2.

---

Thanks Bill that worked. I must have been raising it and then putting it in snow mode which takes it back down. my fault live and learn.

racer-xerols 03-04-2014 11:36 AM

...hell at this point I'd just be happy if "snow" locked out Aero height...it redoes the shift logic and fiddles with the TC, why can't it affect the height as well? Seems like a simple matter of programming code...

Jeep? You listening??